• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sussex Shrimper

Manager
I was otherwise occupied last night watching The Fratellis (who rocked, btw), but I've just watched the game having managed to avoid the result up until then. Coming through London Victoria at around midday today I spotted in the distance a group of fans waving blue and white flags, singing first "Blue Army" and then "Sea-Sea-Seasiders" triumphantly while mugging for the cameras of tourists. Closer inspection revealed them to be Pompey fans - in the words of John Cleese: "It's not the despair. I can handle the despair. It's the hope!".

On the pitch - no complaints. They were simply better than us, and hopefully they'll turn in the same level of performance in the final and smash Leeds live on Sky. It's still been a very good season where we've not only halted our downward momentum but reversed it and given ourselves everything to look forward to next year.

Off the pitch, thank you to everbody who represented our club in that manner in front of the cameras. That was exactly what the players would have needed in the circumstances and exactly what I needed to assuage my fears that failure now would bring forth the usual cries of "disgrace" and so on. TBV are doing some great work in turning around the nature of our support (doubtless to the extreme chagrin of certain "supporters"), and watching last night's game only served to reiterate that with our dream stadium on the way, this is undoubtedly the best time to be a Shrimper.

:)

I thought the SUFC fans were truly awesome last night. My mates couldn't understand why you were all going so nuts despite us being 4 goals down, but Sky (in the 1 accurate statement all night) said if you'd have walked into the ground with 15 minutes to go, you'd honestly believe it was us a few minutes away from Wembley. Other than that, the 2 commentators were what I expect of Sky (sensationalist, opinionated fairweather observers who swung whichever way the referee blew (who also did us no favours)).

But I'm so glad that many of you did us proud and supported us til the end.

We'll be back. We just got thumped by a combination of problems that had been lurking under the surface for a fair few matches and a team at their very best. Sometimes it happens.

At least we get to play a few local derbies again next year eh?

Back