• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justin Edinburgh at Reserve Match This Afternoon

SUFC Forever

Manager
Interesting to see Justin Edinburgh sitting in the directors box this afternoon at the reserve game v Norwich City.

Obviously not been long sacked by Grays and on the look out for a job no doubt. Bloke can certainly organise a defence for sure and may be an average manager but a very good coach. Can we maybe read something into Justin being there this afternoon?

Interesting to see Justin Edinburgh sitting in the directors box this afternoon at the reserve game v Norwich City.

Obviously not been long sacked by Grays and on the look out for a job no doubt. Bloke can certainly organise a defence for sure and may be an average manager but a very good coach. Can we maybe read something into Justin being there this afternoon?

Good friends with Tilly and even more so with Dean Austin. Probably had a spare afternoon and cam down to have a look

What just like people read into the fact Martin Jol was at one of our games!! LOL!

Justin has been at most our reserves games this season along with David Lee and a few other local managers like the Hornchurch and Wakering bosses.

Justin has been at most our reserves games this season along with David Lee and a few other local managers like the Hornchurch and Wakering bosses.

I saw David Lee at the Canvey game pre season.

Fair enough gentlemen. Point taken. I like Justin and hope he is soon back in football again - wherever that may be.

He is working...

Currently scouting for Nottingham Forrest... he was interviewed on Setanta at the Stevenage game and said he was doing some scouting for them!!!

(obviously still good friends with Calderwood)

Interesting that he is working for Forest and scouting us a lot?! Perhaps they are already preparing to meet us in the playoffs!?!

Well sounds like he has been to a few first team games and now he is checking up on anything we have in reserve...

not much!!! lol.

Justin's track record in management is poor and when the money runs out he jumps ship.

He is working...

Currently scouting for Nottingham Forrest... he was interviewed on Setanta at the Stevenage game and said he was doing some scouting for them!!!

(obviously still good friends with Calderwood)

Interesting that he is working for Forest and scouting us a lot?! Perhaps they are already preparing to meet us in the playoffs!?!
or maybe notts are interested in harold?;)

Justin's track record in management is poor and when the money runs out he jumps ship.

I could be wrong, but as a Billericay born lad I still watch their progress & thought he did a pretty decent job there. He certainly wasn't sacked, just left to move on to better things. I also thought he did ok at Grays considering the mess they were in when he took over. He stabilised them when they were looking like getting relegated & re-established them comfortably at conference level, but they seem to have one of those 'Ron Noades' type chairmen who think they can do a better job themselves.

All of that said, we've already got the best all-round management team we've ever had in my 35-odd years of supporting the club so we don't need him & i'm sure as others said he's just there to watch a game.

You must be talking about a different Justin Edinburgh....Of all our defenders early 90's...Austin, Spinner, Sir Powell, Scully.. Edinburgh was by far the worst!!!

You must be talking about a different Justin Edinburgh....Of all our defenders early 90's...Austin, Spinner, Sir Powell, Scully.. Edinburgh was by far the worst!!!

I did mean organise a defence as a coach to be honest. Grays did not concede many goals while he was there and the defence was as solid as a rock. Shame about the fact their forwards could barely score a goal at all. He did okay there and only left because Mick Woodward wants to run the playing side as well as the off the field stuff too.

Justin had a great career - 200 plus games for Spurs at the top level, FA Cup winners medal in 1991, Worthington Cup winners medal 1999 (sent off in final due to Savage's play acting) - not bad for somebody you feel started badly at Southend.

Back