• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justin Edinburgh RIP

Absolutely shocked and stunned by this sad news. Deepest condolences to his family, friends and all at Leyton Orient.

I am gutted. On the odd occasion I would bump into him he would always stop and say hello. I knew him from his time right from the beginning with us and I never found him to be anything other than a polite , personal person even whilst with Spurs.
I wish his family all my love for their great loss

A Great player and a great man. I think this has really hit and saddened every Southend fan today, even tho he left our club ages ago. I always felt it wasn't the end of the story tho, and that he would come back and be our manager one day. So sad it's not to be.

I just posted on the ex players thread, perhaps we can merge the two? So sad, one of the first players I remember watching playing for Southend in 89/90, great player, probably close to an England call up at times. :Sad:

Last edited:
My thoughts are with Kerri, Charlie and Cydnie and the wider Edinburgh family. A great player, manager & bloke and an enormous miss to football, and especially our friends (tonight) in East London. I hope everyone associated with Justin can take some strength from the love and kind wishes out there tonight.

Once a shrimper, always a shrimper. RIP Justin.

R.I,P Justin a terrible loss ,thoughts go to his family friends and past and present clubs.
If we are playing ORIENT in a friendly perhaps that would be a good chance to show our respect to a past shrimper.

R.I,P Justin a terrible loss ,thoughts go to his family friends and past and present clubs.
If we are playing ORIENT in a friendly perhaps that would be a good chance to show our respect to a past shrimper.

Agree, if we have a friendly against the O's then that would be the best time for a minutes silence.

If not then please have it on the first home game of the season rather than a meaningless warm up against a W** S*** Xl

So sad, and no age to pass on (same age as me). I also thought he was earning his managerial stripes before coming back home to us. Much love to his family at this horrible time. Sleep well Justin.

Greatly saddened by this terrible news. Justin played with some of the best. And, as a footballer and man, was one of the best. Thoughts with his family and friends, RIP JE.

Attachments

• 2261.jpg
    2261.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 26
RIP Justin, condolences to the family and indeed his playing squad and the Orient fans who must be heartbroken too at this difficult time. Managers go through a lot of stress over the season, promotion maybe cost him his life, how sad.

I remember a brief chat with Justin before our promotion-winning game at Peterborough in 1990.
He said he was nervous but delighted he had a chance to make it big with Blues.
Little did he probably realise he would be even bigger with Spurs. One of our greats; one of us, if you like, and sadly missed.

Back