• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justin Edinburgh RIP

Saw something on the Southend Facebook group last night where someone suggested a pre-season game vs Orient with all the proceeds going to Justin's family. I thought that sounded like a brilliant idea.

If my memory is right, when Justin was transferred off to Spurs, his replacement was a young Crystal Palace player on loan at Aldershot, who David Webb saw and signed, Chris Powell I believe.

Saw something on the Southend Facebook group last night where someone suggested a pre-season game vs Orient with all the proceeds going to Justin's family. I thought that sounded like a brilliant idea.

I suggested that on one of the many statuses on Facebook last night, it may even have been the same as you have mentioned, I don’t do face ache much, but it was said that pre season has already been arranged and the Billericay friendly could be used, but in exceptional circumstances like this I’m sure that something could be arranged.

RIP Justin, Thoughts are with Family , Friends and Leyton Orient FC at this sad time , truly a Southend Legend and a great guy to boot. Gone way too soon

FORMER Tottenham Hotspur team-mates Paul Gascoigne and Gary Lineker joined the football world in paying tribute to Justin Edinburgh, who tragically passed away on Saturday at the age of 49.

More...

I remember running on the pitch when we got promotion and patting him on the back. I was surprised just how tall he was. I said well done and he said thanks. Stupid I know, but I felt like a kid with a big grin on my face. I now realise I was 6 years older than him. Great player for us and sadly missed.

I suggested that on one of the many statuses on Facebook last night, it may even have been the same as you have mentioned, I don’t do face ache much, but it was said that pre season has already been arranged and the Billericay friendly could be used, but in exceptional circumstances like this I’m sure that something could be arranged.
I do like the thought of some form of recognition and although the Billericay match is a good idea, maybe a more formal game would be at the Hall against Orient?

I think Orient v Tottenham would bring in a lot more money for Justin's family. Maybe an Orient/Southend 11? Could even get Gazza & Lineker playing.

I see some low-life vermin have stolen some of the non-flower tributes left outside Brisbane Road.
This is not the time nor the place to tell you what unfortunate end I hope lies in wait for them.
God bless you Justin RIP.

Back