• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justin Edinburgh sacked by Gillingham

Sleaford Shrimper

Grumpy Old Man
Sad news for Justin after a very promising start to his career in management up until the latter part of last season. I hope he gets another chance. Back to Newport, possibly?

Sad news for Justin after a very promising start to his career in management up until the latter part of last season. I hope he gets another chance. Back to Newport, possibly?

An excellent manager who has been harshly treated by Gillingham. I do not think he will be out of a job for long.

Back in August a certain poster called Barry.C was telling us all about the wonderful Gillingham dream team of Scally and Edinburgh. Apparently the best way forward is to have someone called 'head of recruitment'.

I wonder if Barry remembers his post with the title Just for Riggers. I certainly do, my crime was suggesting that recruiting early was no guarantee of L1 success.

Anyway Barry can you let me know how you prefer you eggs. I mean I don't mind cooking but your the one who has to wear them on your face.:winking:

Last edited:
Back in August a certain poster called Barry.C was telling us all about the wonderful Gillingham dream team of Scally and Edinburgh. Apparently the best way forward is to have someone called 'head of recruitment'.

I wonder if Barry remembers his post with the title Just for Riggers. I certainly do, my crime was suggesting that recruiting early was no guarantee of L1 success.

Anyway Barry can you let me know how you prefer you eggs. I mean I don't mind cooking but your the one who has to wear them on your face.:winking:

Meeeeoooowww!

On a similar (but possibly different tack) I see that the Port Vale "experiment" has not borne the fruit that was hoped and that Peterborough (also lauded as a club with the "right approach") are level pegging in the league with Southend who were "a joke" during the summer as a result of the club's recruitment process.

Meanwhile Crewe who are often praised time and time again for their youth policy are basking in the rays of success that this has brought by being 17th in Division 4. :'(

Its a tricky combination of when you recruit, how you recruit, who you recruit and the resultant blend of players and coaches. I doubt any system, particularly in the lower leagues (limited money to throw at a problem), will get it right season after season. Any system will still rely on human judgement. There in lies the problem for all clubs.

Now appointed manager at Northampton Town.

Would've thought he could have got something better with a bit more patience.

After the first 2 games of this season you'd have got good odds on Justin being sacked & PB still being in charge of us. The fickle world of footie. Credit to PB for weathering the storm and RM keeping faith.

3 months down the line, who knows though...

I think he's a decent manager myself. He's had 4 games this season, that's nothing.
I thought he made a significant impact on our game at home to Northampton last season and I remain impressed with him

Back