• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justin Edinburgh

Only if he's good enough.

That reply surely deserves a sarcastic response for stating the obvious! But I'll just say that having an ex-player as manager adds a little extra interest to the situation. He remains on my "list of candidates" for the position of manager.

If Newport go up I doubt he'd see us as a step up. Havent they got some lottery winning multi-millionaire owner? They'll probably be one of the stronger sides in L2 next year if they get there..

If Newport go up I doubt he'd see us as a step up. Havent they got some lottery winning multi-millionaire owner? They'll probably be one of the stronger sides in L2 next year if they get there..

That's true, won £45 million on the lottery, so another club coming up that has a fair bit of backing.

I think Justin Edinburgh has already demonstrated he is a great manager, and I am amazed that Ron Martin was apparently unaware of that.

I think Justin Edinburgh has already demonstrated he is a great manager, and I am amazed that Ron Martin was apparently unaware of that.

Justin Edinburgh is an intersting one. Don't doubt he derserves a stint managing in a side in the FL but he probably wouldn't entertain Ron if he is serious at wanting to succeed. In our circumstances in what blights us it'll be tough for him to succeed here and if and when goes pear shaped his career would be at risk. In a way like Tilson possibly regretted not moving when he could only to be sucked in and weighed down with the negatives which has cost him.

"Edinburgh also owns two Toni & Guy hair salons with his business partner, Jim Shaw"

Surely, indeed, Ron would be aware of this man's management credentials !

I don't think that there are many employed Managers out there who would see us as a 'step up' whilst we are in our current state of limbo.

Good luck to my mate's brother Lee Minshull who is playing for Newport County. Another Wembley appearance for him! Well done Justin.

Back