• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justin Edinburgh

Surprised there hasn't been a thread regarding this gentleman.

I remember him playing for Southend as a rather skinny lad, us playing well against Tottingham Hotspurs (Lineker and Gascoigne included), him going to them on loan .......... and then he suddenly "beefs out" and then playing for them for years.

Anyway, he has decided to stick with Newport and show some loyalty (and perhaps less cash in the pocket). Well done to him for that.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Southend hot seat should we ever need a new manager in the future.

Portsmouth got told to do one by Newport after they enquired about taking Edinburgh off their hands.

Not really much of a step up. Working for Paul Scally the only certainty is that he will get round to sacking you in the end. After Mick Woodward at Grays you would think he would have had enough of that sort of egotistic Chairman?

Think if I was Justin I'd stay at Newport. 😔

I presume moving back to the south east may be attractive to him (as long as he doesn't have to live in Gillingham!). They are a bigger club than Newport too. If they got relegated you would expect them to bounce back, whereas promotion with Newport would be a big achievement.

Considering Justin owns two Toni and Guy salons you would have thought he would be a dream manager for RM to bring in. :smile:

Justin live in Chelmsford with his wife, so it's make sense to move back to South East.

Back