• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justin Edinburgh

A man who gave his life to a sport he loved. I always held a hope he would be a great Club Manager for us in time. Not to be, rest in peace Justin and thank you for the memories.

Such a sad story..I feel the most for his family of course, but sympathies also to all the O's fans..I heard he could have been our manager at some time.Remember him well as a player and kept a look out on his career post SUFC...A sad day and so young...Well done for putting his pic on SZ banner..

Such a sad story..I feel the most for his family of course, but sympathies also to all the O's fans..I heard he could have been our manager at some time.Remember him well as a player and kept a look out on his career post SUFC...A sad day and so young...Well done for putting his pic on SZ banner..

Totally agree about the picture, a very nice touch from the Shrimperzone chaps!

Such a young age to leave this world and can’t help but think of the young family left behind.
It just highlights to us all none of know how long we have on this earth so make sure you live your life to the full and don’t put off things that are important to you until another day.

RIP young man ❤️

I just about managed not to turn Talk Sport off just now,even tho the interview was predominantly about some women attempting to play football.
I kept it on because it was Spencer Prior and at the end he spoke very highly of Justin,of course,and said that he’d shared digs with him-one year younger-when they were both in the Southend United youth set-up.They had been the only two to make it through to first-team football.

I just about managed not to turn Talk Sport off just now,even tho the interview was predominantly about some women attempting to play football.
I kept it on because it was Spencer Prior and at the end he spoke very highly of Justin,of course,and said that he’d shared digs with him-one year younger-when they were both in the Southend United youth set-up.They had been the only two to make it through to first-team football.
Nicky Smith would probably have been in the youth set up the same time as Prior and Edinburgh he made quite a few first team appearances.

Nicky Smith would probably have been in the youth set up the same time as Prior and Edinburgh he made quite a few first team appearances.
I remember Nicky Smith well, but maybe Spencer Prior doesn’t.Too pre-occupied with recalling his time away from football,coaching the Thai women’s “football” team?

I remember Nicky Smith well, but maybe Spencer Prior doesn’t.Too pre-occupied with recalling his time away from football,coaching the Thai women’s “football” team?

Nicky Smith born 28 January 1969 (age 50), debut 1986
Justin Edinburgh born 18 December 1969 (aged 49), debut 1988
Spencer Prior born 22 April 1971 (age 48), debut 1989
Andy Edwards born 17 September 1971 (age 47), debut 1989
Paul Smith born 18 September 1971 (age 47), debut 1990

So there's two and a bit years between Spinner and Nicky Smith so they probably didn't play much together in the youth team. The ones who should feel hard done by are Eagle and Paul Smith who are only six months younger than Spinner and are forgotten despite having carved out careers in the Championship rather than Spinner and Edinburgh's Premiership!

Have you got a thing about Womens football @Zeuss, that's your second mention today.

Nicky Smith born 28 January 1969 (age 50), debut 1986
Justin Edinburgh born 18 December 1969 (aged 49), debut 1988
Spencer Prior born 22 April 1971 (age 48), debut 1989
Andy Edwards born 17 September 1971 (age 47), debut 1989
Paul Smith born 18 September 1971 (age 47), debut 1990

So there's two and a bit years between Spinner and Nicky Smith so they probably didn't play much together in the youth team. The ones who should feel hard done by are Eagle and Paul Smith who are only six months younger than Spinner and are forgotten despite having carved out careers in the Championship rather than Spinner and Edinburgh's Premiership!

Plus Spinner played with Eagle only 10 years ago!

Back