• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justin Edinburgh

Cheers.

Wrexham are function over form, for sure. We’re at Cae Ras on Saturday, so that should be a good yardstick.

Despite all the money they’ve spent, I’d say we’re a marginally better side than the hobby club, but January will probably see us lose players and them chuck another £500,000 at it. In our favour is that we’ve had the considerably more difficult fixtures insofar.
We’ll take Bonne off your hands - great scoring record!

What sort of player is he? Do you rate him??

We’ll take Bonne off your hands - great scoring record!

What sort of player is he? Do you rate him??

Yeah, absolutely I rate him as a Conference forward. His career was stalling at the Ewes and I think it’s done him some good to drop down a level and work on his game.

Ironically I don’t think he’s really a natural goal scorer; he’s just playing at a level which is beneath his ability. I think he’d find goals considerably harder to come by in League One (unlike, say, André Gray did when stepping up).

His other attributes are excellent, though. Very complete all-round player; he’s mobile, quite intelligent with his movement, can use both feet, good in the air, competitive and works his ‘arris off.

He’d have no problem with stepping up to League Two tomorrow, but I wouldn’t be rushing to sign him if I was Chris Powell as I think mid-table League One is his absolute ceiling. Marvin Ekpiteta is the guy who you want to catch for a year or two before he ends up in the Championship.

Yeah, absolutely I rate him as a Conference forward. His career was stalling at the Ewes and I think it’s done him some good to drop down a level and work on his game.

Ironically I don’t think he’s really a natural goal scorer; he’s just playing at a level which is beneath his ability. I think he’d find goals considerably harder to come by in League One (unlike, say, André Gray did when stepping up).

His other attributes are excellent, though. Very complete all-round player; he’s mobile, quite intelligent with his movement, can use both feet, good in the air, competitive and works his ‘arris off.

He’d have no problem with stepping up to League Two tomorrow, but I wouldn’t be rushing to sign him if I was Chris Powell as I think mid-table League One is his absolute ceiling. Marvin Ekpiteta is the guy who you want to catch for a year or two before he ends up in the Championship.

How much would Ekpiteta cost?

How much would Ekpiteta cost?

Pass. This regime hasn’t sold anyone yet, so I’ve got no frame of reference. Certainly under no pressure to sell and obviously gunning for promotion, so you’d have to go over the odds. You’d still make money IMHO as he’s got pretty much everything going for him.

Just signed a new two and half year deal to stay as Orient manager.

LEYTON Orient manager Justin Edinburgh has been rushed to hospital with a sudden illness, the club have confirmed.

More...

Very sorry to hear this and was hoping for some update by now but can't find anything. Sounds quite serious. Do hope he is OK

Has anyone heard anything about JE today , ive just had a text from a pal but don't want to disclose it on here incase its unfounded

Very sad if true, but rumours spread fast so lets hope they are not true. Obviously if the poor guy has passed away it is only right that friends and family are told first before the media informs the rest of us.

Back