• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

I like it when players dads post in here. They often know their stuff and have inside info. They have every right to correct some utter b*****s posted in ignorance.

Shame some people go out of their way to target them. Usually the ones who's posts prove they know f*** all about football or finance.
Come on let’s hear your Hutchinson story once again …

Ok I came in peace but I’ve bitten. Arent you lot averaging about 5K and the only significant thing you've done in the last 20 odd years is one season in the championship and nearly gone bust about 6 times???
Yep but at least our builders can build a church that’s spire can stand the test of time

Don't think he can sign for anyone as we will still hold his registration? Would assume at the moment it would require a tribunal unless they agree he can break from his contract

Don't think he can sign for anyone as we will still hold his registration? Would assume at the moment it would require a tribunal unless they agree he can break from his contract
A player out of contract can sign for anyone. He won’t AFAIK be able to be registered, except at NL or below until the summer because of transfer windows.

I don’t know if we’ll be eligible for compensation. But if we are that wouldn’t prohibit him from joining another team (albeit, like Elvis it might deter teams). I don’t think the compensation would be substantial. We’ve only had him 6 months and I doubt we’ve had formal offers in that time.

IIRC we had to continue to pay Elvis (who’d played lots and come through our youth set up and we’d turned down offers for) in order to maintain our rights. That was much less of an issue because he was one of our lowest earners. I’d imagine Łopata was one of our top earners so that would be much more of an issue. I wonder if that statement was more for PR than anything else. I wouldn’t be surprised if we accept a nominal amount which then gets hidden under “undisclosed” amount so Ron can try and save face for the substantial loss his failures has caused. In the meantime do we ‘continue’ to pay him?

A player out of contract can sign for anyone. He won’t AFAIK be able to be registered, except at NL or below until the summer because of transfer windows.

I don’t know if we’ll be eligible for compensation. But if we are that wouldn’t prohibit him from joining another team (albeit, like Elvis it might deter teams). I don’t think the compensation would be substantial. We’ve only had him 6 months and I doubt we’ve had formal offers in that time.

IIRC we had to continue to pay Elvis (who’d played lots and come through our youth set up and we’d turned down offers for) in order to maintain our rights. That was much less of an issue because he was one of our lowest earners. I’d imagine Łopata was one of our top earners so that would be much more of an issue. I wonder if that statement was more for PR than anything else. I wouldn’t be surprised if we accept a nominal amount which then gets hidden under “undisclosed” amount so Ron can try and save face for the substantial loss his failures has caused. In the meantime do we ‘continue’ to pay him?
Strictly he’s not out of contract until any appeals process is completed.

Yes he did, it’s was a distraction the players don’t need at all, on the eve of the match. Instead of being 100% focus on beating our play off rivals, it’s seem their mind is somewhere else.

No they didn’t.

Lopata being available for selection may or may not have helped against Barnet, ultimately we will never know. However, him being in the building for 5 minutes to collect a few things didn’t have a bearing on the result.

Last edited:
No they didn’t.

Lopata being available for section may or may not have helped against Barnet, ultimately we will never know. However, him being in the building for 5 minutes to collect a few things didn’t have a bearing on the result.
You can never say for sure if it affected them or not. A big player leaving in such circumstances is definitely going to be on their minds, especially if a few of them have considered a similar exit. It really couldn't have helped the cause.

However, they and us need to get over it now. He has gone and won't play for us again. We just need to rally around what we do have.

You can never say for sure if it affected them or not. A big player leaving in such circumstances is definitely going to be on their minds, especially if a few of them have considered a similar exit. It really couldn't have helped the cause.

However, they and us need to get over it now. He has gone and won't play for us again. We just need to rally around what we do have.

Some of the players didn’t even see him when he came in. So when @Murkey_Mouse says the whole reason we lost to Barnet is because of Lopata, that is factually incorrect.

The whole “Lopata situation” may play on players minds, but ultimately these are a professional group of players in more sense than one. When they cross the white line, all the off the field stuff goes out of the window for 90 plus minutes. Barnet beat us because they were better on the field then us on the day, simple as that.

Hutchinson's dad has played and managed at a level 99% of us never have. So his opinion is worth a listen even if you don't agree.

The 15/10 is a wild exaggeration and by the way he seemed areal nice fella when I met him. As where both his sons. Just because you have a talent at football doesn't mean you have suffer group targeting on social media.
On the flip side, if you can't handle the negative comments and are going to kick off every time someone makes a comment then it's best to steer clear IMO.

Some of the players didn’t even see him when he came in. So when @Murkey_Mouse says the whole reason we lost to Barnet is because of Lopata, that is factually incorrect.

The whole “Lopata situation” may play on players minds, but ultimately these are a professional group of players in more sense than one. When they cross the white line, all the off the field stuff goes out of the window for 90 plus minutes. Barnet beat us because they were better on the field then us on the day, simple as that.
I wasn't speaking exclusively about the Barnet game but about the feeling amongst the players and staff in general. This management team chased Lopata until the very end, waiting as long as possible to finally secure him. A player they thought that highly off then just leaves has to have some affect on the environment around them. It's hardly going to galvanise the club.

I agree about us deserving to lose against Barnet and Lopata's departure not being the fundamental component of the loss. They were much the better team based on chances and Blondy keeping us in the game. So no complaints from me regarding that game in particular. Similarly last night. They were more clinical and had the quality to convert chances. No complaints there either.

I do however disagree regarding your comment about the off the field matters going out of their heads after they cross the white line. One can hope that happens but but I think that's a bit of a fallacy about footballers in all honesty. They are human beings at the end of the day and why would a 90 minute game of football stop you worrying or thinking about outside distractions? Yes they are 'professionals' but they are non-league players, not supermen. There are some things you simply can't block out, irrespective of your profession.

I wasn't speaking exclusively about the Barnet game but about the feeling amongst the players and staff in general. This management team chased Lopata until the very end, waiting as long as possible to finally secure him. A player they thought that highly off then just leaves has to have some affect on the environment around them. It's hardly going to galvanise the club.

I agree about us deserving to lose against Barnet and Lopata's departure not being the fundamental component of the loss. They were much the better team based on chances and Blondy keeping us in the game. So no complaints from me regarding that game in particular. Similarly last night. They were more clinical and had the quality to convert chances. No complaints there either.

I do however disagree regarding your comment about the off the field matters going out of their heads after they cross the white line. One can hope that happens but but I think that's a bit of a fallacy about footballers in all honesty. They are human beings at the end of the day and why would a 90 minute game of football stop you worrying or thinking about outside distractions? Yes they are 'professionals' but they are non-league players, not supermen. There are some things you simply can't block out, irrespective of your profession.

I was referring to purely the Barnet game, as @Murkey_Mouse is putting the blame of that defeat solely on Lopata.

I completed disagree on that last point however. Look at our form since the turn of the year until the Barnet game, when they hadn’t been paid. We’d won 4 of the last 5, scored a brilliant last minute winner against Torquay, and tremendous character in all of those games.

Arnold eluded to it in his interview on BBC Essex, that the off the field issues had almost created an “us against the world” mentality. We had unbreakable spirit, character in bucket loads and all sorts.

I’ve found in my life that any issues with finances, relationships, parenthood, mental health issues or whatever, when I had something to focus on, which for me was running, I forgot about everything and it was my release. Steve Arnold on BBC Essex, and others I’ve spoken to, have said exactly the same thing. The 2/3 hours at training and the 90 plus minutes on a Tuesday/Friday/Saturday, whenever match day is, that the only thing they focused on was the football.

I was referring to purely the Barnet game, as @Murkey_Mouse is putting the blame of that defeat solely on Lopata.

I completed disagree on that last point however. Look at our form since the turn of the year until the Barnet game, when they hadn’t been paid. We’d won 4 of the last 5, scored a brilliant last minute winner against Torquay, and tremendous character in all of those games.

Arnold eluded to it in his interview on BBC Essex, that the off the field issues had almost created an “us against the world” mentality. We had unbreakable spirit, character in bucket loads and all sorts.

I’ve found in my life that any issues with finances, relationships, parenthood, mental health issues or whatever, when I had something to focus on, which for me was running, I forgot about everything and it was my release. Steve Arnold on BBC Essex, and others I’ve spoken to, have said exactly the same thing. The 2/3 hours at training and the 90 plus minutes on a Tuesday/Friday/Saturday, whenever match day is, that the only thing they focused on was the football.
I get what you're saying but let's not pretend that we have played well in those games. I think all of the performances have been similar for a while now and we have dipped overall since all the troubles. Again, they did amazingly to do so. When you look at our unbeaten run and games like Barnet away, we were at it from the get go. The press was amazing from all of the players, including Powell. It's scenarios like the previous one that makes players subconsciously drop off. They don't mean to but it understandably happens. Yes we can talk about injuries but in our run, we relied on Wreh and Powell, hardly top goalscorers in the league. Yet, we were a different animal compared to now.

I also agree with you about having a focus that distracts you from the pressures of life, as I attend football to do that very thing. However, playing for Southend isn't their distraction, it's their job. It's slightly different to you or I trying to find something to distract us from certain things.

I'm largely with you but I think it's naive to believe that they'll always be completely infallible. Even Kev said in his interview last night "there's only so many blows anyone can take before they go down". I wouldn't expect the players to say anything other than what they've been saying in interviews but nobody could blame them if it all started to take a toll - they're human and have been treated like dirt. I certainly think training is a release for them. There's no pressure there and they're all mates. Matches are a different kettle of fish though with a crowd watching, especially if that crowd is tense due to recent events and the tension transfers onto the pitch - something else Kev alluded to last night and which could have affected that first half performance.

Back