• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

I'm getting Elvis vibes...although obviously different mechanics.
As much as I'd like us to receive something for Łopata, I think the Dark Lord should drop it. It's nothing more than retaliation stemming from his incredulity that somebody has dared to dissent and force an exit. He can't stand the fact that everybody can now see that he's doesn't have as much control as he'd like us to believe, so he's making an example out of Kacper.

RM caused this by not paying wages on time and not fulfilling promises. It's his **** up. He needs to own it, take the hit that he deserves and move the **** on.

As much as I'd like us to receive something for Łopata, I think the Dark Lord should drop it. It's nothing more than retaliation stemming from his incredulity that somebody has dared to dissent and force an exit. He can't stand the fact that everybody can now see that he's doesn't have as much control as he'd like us to believe, so he's making an example out of Kacper.

RM caused this by not paying wages on time and not fulfilling promises. It's his **** up. He needs to own it, take the hit that he deserves and move the **** on.
I think its entirely true that the situation is all of Ron's making. So point of agreement all round. If he'd been paid on time he would be here.

I'm sure he can't stand the fact that Lopata has sought to force his exit. Unfortunately Ron's ego will now play a role- hence he will be like a dog with a bone. So, as with Elvis (completely different scanario I know), this will likely drag on (Smiffy is right). Especially as the club have a case (whether its ultimately a winning one we will see over the coming weeks but they will have an arguable case).

Taking personalities out of it (and I know its the really hard bit) if the club did have a case surely its potentially the right thing to pursue it if in the interests of the club financially to do so?

I think its entirely true that the situation is all of Ron's making. So point of agreement all round. If he'd been paid on time he would be here.

I'm sure he can't stand the fact that Lopata has sought to force his exit. Unfortunately Ron's ego will now play a role- hence he will be like a dog with a bone. So, as with Elvis (completely different scanario I know), this will likely drag on (Smiffy is right). Especially as the club have a case (whether its ultimately a winning one we will see over the coming weeks but they will have an arguable case).

Taking personalities out of it (and I know its the really hard bit) if the club did have a case surely its potentially the right thing to pursue it if in the interests of the club financially to do so?
He's been here for such a short time, I think any money we could get would be a drop in the ocean. It wouldn't make any difference to our situation. Is it worth it? If anything, it will drag our reputation down even further. Agents and players across the game talk to each other. I'd rather RM/the club focus attention on other things.

He's been here for such a short time, I think any money we could get would be a drop in the ocean. It wouldn't make any difference to our situation. Is it worth it? If anything, it will drag our reputation down even further. Agents and players across the game talk to each other. I'd rather RM/the club focus attention on other things.
I think there is supposed to a buy out clause in his contract as well as the sell on % to Sheff? So if we are found to not to have materially breached his contract then Barnsley or whoever would have to meet that buy out. I expect it's a meaningful sum - maybe six figures.

If it were determined by compensation you are right but that could only be relevant, if at all, should he be out of contract (as another poster pointed out if you are out of contract due to breach then does compensation still apply?).

Agents and players do talk, and know if you want to walk out on a long term contract you have to have demonstrated you have the right to do so. Maybe he does. But the club has the right to argue the point.

The flip side is how many times have we had players on a long contract injured and not playing yet we still pay them. In football you have fixed term contracts to protect both parties.

NOTE: None of this excuses the late payment of wages or Ron's culpability in the matter

He should drop it but the reason he’s taking this stance is entirely because it is his fault. If he can get an “undisclosed transfer fee” it protects him from the charge of letting our most valuable asset leave for free. It’s a PR exercise.

The question is, is he prepared to pay (albeit invariably late) Lopata for up to 5 months for purely PR reasons?

Anyone know if Lopata is still with the local lass? (always thought she was key in him staying with us).

Anyone know if Lopata is still with the local lass? (always thought she was key in him staying with us).
She's not that local to us, she's from the South coast near Portsmouth so much closer than he was when up in Sheffield and she was a key reason why he liked being down this end of the country. That's why I'd be surprised if he ended up at Chesterfield.

She's not that local to us, she's from the South coast near Portsmouth so much closer than he was when up in Sheffield and she was a key reason why he liked being down this end of the country. That's why I'd be surprised if he ended up at Chesterfield.
Eastleigh then

I could never imagine sweet, gentle, amicable Ron ever doing such a thing.
Quite…he’s had 20+ years dealing with situations like this even if of his own making. There again I’m sure Lopata’s agent wasn’t naive enough to think he could just exit a 3 year contract after a few months without a fight… and so the surprise would be if anyone is surprised…no idea how it will all end…

Back