• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

There’s so many factors to this and they all lead to Ron Martin I’m afraid ,the level of under hand tactics that is going on a daily basis is frightening.

Imagine you are a fringe player who has gone out on loan and the club you are loaned to pays Southend the whole amount of your salary but even that isn’t being passed on to you , not one penny .

You then ask if the loan club can pay u direct so at least u get some money and the answer is NO .
This has been happening for over a period of months not weeks …….this club is a laughing stock amongst other clubs and I don’t blame any player for walking away …..the only thing keeping a number of these players here is Maher and Currie plus the promotion push
Why am I not surprised. This needs to be publicised more

I doubt the player has a leg to stand on but the point I’m making is that this type of thing is so damaging to the club , our reputation is in tatters and it’s not only bigger teams that are laughing at us , it’s teams from lower down the pyramid too

How any player that decides to jump this ship has been shot down on here is not fair

This fringe player is not going to walk away I guess as he knows it could be detrimental to his career but KL on the other hand has the confidence that he will be playing at a higher level
Kl did the right thing. Ok his agent may be a bit of a wrongun but maybe he got his charge away from an even bigger crook

3 clubs in 10 months! What a CV! What a desirable footballer!
I’d call it a decent young footballer learning his trade at a very good Championship team who amazingly rejoins a sh it house team (us) but unfortunately the owner of this team holds back his career by treating him and his fellow staff and players with contempt.
Luckily for him along comes a forward thinking club and gets his career back on track by being paid and given an opportunity to shine for the future……a great escape that will be emulated by other not so great teammates of his this year!

Why ? If a player has no wish to play for the club again then move him on, don’t need players here that can’t be bothered.

Ron has no shame. Just let the man get on with his career. It's what happens when you treat staff disgracefully. They want out and leave. Ron's never understood that employee happiness and success/failure is very much aligned.

Hopefully we can get new owners in and repair the damage this has done to the other players who may be demoralised by the whole situation.

Ron has no shame. Just let the man get on with his career. It's what happens when you treat staff disgracefully. They want out and leave. Ron's never understood that employee happiness and success/failure is very much aligned.

Hopefully we can get new owners in and repair the damage this has done to the other players who may be demoralised by the whole situation.
Both are bad at each others.

The players I admire are the ones that have stayed loyal not the one that saw an opportunity to exit a long term contract, avoid sell ons and buy outs, and cash in.

They’re as bad as each other.

Back