• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

Is there actually any real evidence of the malign influence of his agent? If something is repeated often enough it becomes accepted wisdom. Maybe someone 'in the know' might be able to throw some light on this. All i have seen on here are a couple of photos of the man and his car which some people didn't like.

do your own due diligence

do your own due diligence

Do yours. Clearly a new agency that are helping young players.

I asked in all seriousness for evidence of malpractice but all it seems to boil down to is some people don't like the website and that many of the players are young hopefuls with EFL clubs rather than old lags and no-hopers from the NL. As usual, the lynch mob are out in force.

Last edited:
I asked in all seriousness for evidence of malpractice but all it seems to boil down to is some people don't like the website and that most of the players are young hopefuls with EFL clubs rather than old lags and no-hopers from the NL. As usual, the lynch mob are out in force.
Not me.

I didn't like his suit.

Do yours. Clearly a new agency that are helping young players.

oh silly me ...

on this list I cant see a single established professional -

I can see a lot of minor clubs Yate Town, Waterford, Falkirk etc and a couple youngsters at EFL clubs - probably light weight template contracts.

If I was Kacper I would want an experienced high quality agent with a proven history of talking players all the way ...

I will say that you are sort of rude "Do yours" and simply completely wrong ...

Let me repeat - in case you want an argument ... you are completely wrong .

oh silly me ...

I can see a lot of minor clubs Yate Town, Waterford, Falkirk etc and a couple youngsters at EFL clubs - probably light weight template contracts.

If I was Kacper I would want an experienced high quality agent with a proven history of talking players all the way ...

If you read my post you would see that I literally said that it is clearly an agency that helps younger players.

Maybe Kacper trusts them, maybe they go way back. We don't know. But belittling them simply because they're not Minoi Raiola shows a lack of understanding from you. But then that wouldn't be the first time.

Interesting discussion
to have an agent that you would call decent at this level of fotball, you would need to be very fortunate. Most agents are seeking the big buck and it's unlikely you would get a talented agent representing you. More likely someone learning the trade within a larger firm. Paul Terry comes to mind. Allegedly not the nicest individual based on his chequered affairs at rushden and diamonds but linked to the established firm his brother was involved with.
Most players realise after not too long they are only in it for themselves and take control back. I think lopata will do this unless there's something else that link them.
The pfa do a great job for younger players but those that are outstanding may benefit from linking up with a big firm. Sometimes the player and agents assessment of self potential is grossly exaggerated just to get a player on the books.

Have been mulling this over and over. If Łopata, like a few of the other players, both currently and historically, have been living in Ron provided accommodation, has this made up a part of his salary? If so, unless he was evicted from said accommodation, he was partly paid, in some way, continually, until he himself broke the contract. Thoughts?
Some of the people who provide accommodation have not been paid. Including the families that house the academy lads.

Others are owed since pre covid days.....At least Kasper was only paid late instead of never. In fact by leaving it means those that need it the most have less of a chance. Crowds will drop off after 5 defeats in a row.

shows a lack of understanding from you. But then that wouldn't be the first time.

oh no ... some one trying to hide their ignorance by being rude ...

Its a crap agency - its a crap agency - its a crap agency .. you were wrong

Last edited:
I don’t buy the assumption that the bigger the agency the better.

If you’re a National League player signed to Ronaldo or Messi’s agency realistically how much time is that Agent going to dedicate to you?

oh no ... some one trying to hide their ignorance by being rude ...

Its a crap agency - its a crap agency - its a crap agency .. you were wrong
You think everything is rude if people don't agree with you. Boris could use you

I think the biggest problem (apart from the late wage) is the whole situation is how Lopata signed for us.

Because he was a higher league player, he had an agent, that's where this all stems from. A guy with great potential dropping from the Championship to National League, based purely on the fact that Ron promised to pay a hefty agent fee. Without that agent fee, he would never have come - but also without the agent, he would probably never have left.

I doubt we will have the same issue when we go through the John Still scouting network, because many of these players sign for the football experience, not just for the best deal their agent can get (if they have an agent at all).

Saying that, hopefully Ron ****s off and we won't have the same issue again anyway.

On that same line, I hope we don't go the same way about this. I would much rather win promotion with a team of hidden gems (GSM/Kensdale/Miley) rather than splash cash like Notts/Wrexham/Chesterfield.

I think the biggest problem (apart from the late wage) is the whole situation is how Lopata signed for us.

Because he was a higher league player, he had an agent, that's where this all stems from. A guy with great potential dropping from the Championship to National League, based purely on the fact that Ron promised to pay a hefty agent fee. Without that agent fee, he would never have come - but also without the agent, he would probably never have left.

I doubt we will have the same issue when we go through the John Still scouting network, because many of these players sign for the football experience, not just for the best deal their agent can get (if they have an agent at all).

Saying that, hopefully Ron ****s off and we won't have the same issue again anyway.

On that same line, I hope we don't go the same way about this. I would much rather win promotion with a team of hidden gems (GSM/Kensdale/Miley) rather than splash cash like Notts/Wrexham/Chesterfield.
If a new very rich owner came in would you not want him/her to splash the cash----or maybe you could spend God knows how many years in the NL (or lower) dreaming of a squad of hidden gems?

If a new very rich owner came in would you not want him/her to splash the cash----or maybe you could spend God knows how many years in the NL (or lower) dreaming of a squad of hidden gems?

If I was a Notts County or Wrexham fan and one of them fail to win play offs this season, I'd be really ****ed off.

I'd still celebrating winning the league, but they're not here for the club or the fans, they're here for the money.

Give me a team of GSMs who are here for the football and humble, I'd celebrate that promotion much more probably with tears in my eyes.

oh silly me ...

Talk is cheap. I'd want someone who has actually done it.

Actions speak louder than words.

Either way, in terms of stature both are steps down but I guess at least he’ll get paid at those clubs and could feature in the playoffs.

Back