• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

I hope not one supporter goes to the away game at Woking, Dont like to think of our supporters putting money into that club,that couldnt act fast enough to sign that traitor on loan, after all you can watch the game on National league tv or blues tv ,dont need to go, watch it on National league tv and a little money goes to our club as long as you nominate Southend as the team you follow.
For those that do go hope you BOO him loud and long .

I hope not one supporter goes to the away game at Woking, Dont like to think of our supporters putting money into that club,that couldnt act fast enough to sign that traitor on loan, after all you can watch the game on National league tv or blues tv ,dont need to go, watch it on National league tv and a little money goes to our club as long as you nominate Southend as the team you follow.
For those that do go hope you BOO him loud and long .

Sorry, but that’s just nonsense.

Far too many people are being offended by what Lopata has done, and instead should be focusing on why it happened.

I think the reason people are getting so annoyed is because it’s happened to Southend United, but take Southend and take football out of it.

Look at your current job. You go two months without wages, and several broken promises as to when it’ll arrive. You have colleagues in different departments that haven’t been paid in full since November. Your big boss comes down to settle everyone’s nerves and give you an update. He isn’t the best at dealing with people when he is under pressure, so doesn’t deal with this sensitive situation as he should do. He antagonises you and says he always pays, he always wins legal battles so there is no point in challenging him.

You know full well that if you leave your current employer, you won’t be short of offers. You may have to take a side step, or debatably a backwards step for a couple of months before getting your big break, and more importantly, financial security.

How many people on here could go two months without paying and still live the life they led? Mortgages, rent, car insurance, car finance, fuel in the car, heating in your house, running water, electricity, credit card bills, other bills, childcare, children’s classes etc and anything else you have to pay out for every month. I know I couldn’t.

Sorry, but that’s just nonsense.

Far too many people are being offended by what Lopata has done, and instead should be focusing on why it happened.

I think the reason people are getting so annoyed is because it’s happened to Southend United, but take Southend and take football out of it.

Look at your current job. You go two months without wages, and several broken promises as to when it’ll arrive. You have colleagues in different departments that haven’t been paid in full since November. Your big boss comes down to settle everyone’s nerves and give you an update. He isn’t the best at dealing with people when he is under pressure, so doesn’t deal with this sensitive situation as he should do. He antagonises you and says he always pays, he always wins legal battles so there is no point in challenging him.

You know full well that if you leave your current employer, you won’t be short of offers. You may have to take a side step, or debatably a backwards step for a couple of months before getting your big break, and more importantly, financial security.

How many people on here could go two months without paying and still live the life they led? Mortgages, rent, car insurance, car finance, fuel in the car, heating in your house, running water, electricity, credit card bills, other bills, childcare, children’s classes etc and anything else you have to pay out for every month. I know I couldn’t.
Totally understand your point and get it completely!

But…. It’s more about the way he went about it. He ‘loves’ the club and was desperate to join us. Then was the first to jump ship at the first opportunity. The other players were in the same position and they didn’t do what he did when they could easily have done so.

Don’t claim you love the club and then **** off at the first chance. Then start being a dick on social media about it all.

I’ve lost respect for him and I suppose in the current plight it just shows how much respect the players still there truly deserve.

Totally understand your point and get it completely!

But…. It’s more about the way he went about it. He ‘loves’ the club and was desperate to join us. Then was the first to jump ship at the first opportunity. The other players were in the same position and they didn’t do what he did when they could easily have done so.

Don’t claim you love the club and then **** off at the first chance. Then start being a dick on social media about it all.

I’ve lost respect for him and I suppose in the current plight it just shows how much respect the players still there truly deserve.

I get that.

However, that wasn’t the first opportunity he had to leave the Club…

He wasn’t the only one in the camp to “put their notice in” but obviously was the only one to follow it through.

I won’t name names as that’s simply not fair, however everyone’s circumstances are different. Maybe the others believed RM, maybe they have savings to tie them over for a few months, maybe they simply didn’t have the interest Lopata had, there are numerous reasons why some did nothing, some put their notice in, and one saw it through.

He could have handled it differently, everyone handles different situations differently, however he may look back in a few years and regret it, or he maybe a full Polish international playing in the top flight and think he did the right thing.

He does still care about the Club, he has a lot of friends here in various roles, however he obviously doesn’t like RM.

That’s where our anger should be directed.

It’s weird, this is a situation all of RM’s doing, and he isn’t getting 100% of the blame, yet other things have happened that isn’t all RM’s doing and he gets 100% of the blame for.

I'm still sceptical as to whether he actually did not receive wages, yes, he might not have received them from SUFC on time, but, as I've said several times, I wonder if he'd have received wages via the PFA because of where he was registered at the start of the season. I'm not excusing Ron's behaviour here incidentally, but it's something that's not been clarified by any ITKs as to the position of players registered with league clubs and how non payment of wages works with the PFA.

I get that.

However, that wasn’t the first opportunity he had to leave the Club…

He wasn’t the only one in the camp to “put their notice in” but obviously was the only one to follow it through.

I won’t name names as that’s simply not fair, however everyone’s circumstances are different. Maybe the others believed RM, maybe they have savings to tie them over for a few months, maybe they simply didn’t have the interest Lopata had, there are numerous reasons why some did nothing, some put their notice in, and one saw it through.

He could have handled it differently, everyone handles different situations differently, however he may look back in a few years and regret it, or he maybe a full Polish international playing in the top flight and think he did the right thing.

He does still care about the Club, he has a lot of friends here in various roles, however he obviously doesn’t like RM.

That’s where our anger should be directed.

It’s weird, this is a situation all of RM’s doing, and he isn’t getting 100% of the blame, yet other things have happened that isn’t all RM’s doing and he gets 100% of the blame for.
Thank you for bringing some much needed perspective to this subject. At the heart of this is the toxicity that will always be there as long as Martin remains and that should not be forgotten. The poison that now pervades every aspect of the club from the wilful neglect of Roots Hall to the despicable treatment of staff and suppliers, the reputational damage etc. etc. will take a long time to heal, assuming he ever goes. As far as Lopata is concerned, he was probably the only genuinely marketable playing asset on the books so must have been aware of that when he took his commendable stand. Others who might have been inclined to do the same probably recognised the reality of their situation that they might not readily find a new club. We are coming up to pay day again very soon and it will be interesting to see if players and staff get paid on time or whether that much vaunted "bridging" finance has already been used up.

I'm still sceptical as to whether he actually did not receive wages, yes, he might not have received them from SUFC on time, but, as I've said several times, I wonder if he'd have received wages via the PFA because of where he was registered at the start of the season. I'm not excusing Ron's behaviour here incidentally, but it's something that's not been clarified by any ITKs as to the position of players registered with league clubs and how non payment of wages works with the PFA.

What I know about the PFA, and it’s from looking into the new contracts for non-league players, is if you’ve played in the EFL/PL at any time in your career, you are a PFA member for life. So, Lopata is registered with the PFA.

However, someone like Gus, who hasn’t played in the EFL before, isn’t protected by the PFA.

I’m not sure if the PFA would step in at a Club, that they could only help out a percentage of players. Also, at the time, a real siege mentality had been created amongst the squad, divisions may have occurred if Lopata (or anyone else that qualifies for that matter) got themselves sorted and left the likes of Gus etc couldnt.

Last edited:
He's not good enough for L1 yet and won't be good enough for Barnsley if they go up, the mixups he had with Blondy were all at least partially his fault.

He also has a knack of getting caught on the ball at least once a game.
According to goalkeepers I've spoken to they weren't Kacper's doing, they were down to Blondy. As the player facing forward, Blondy could see what Kacper couldn't and should have taken control of the situation.

My 2p worth on this, is that at 21 KL has forced a move from his parent club by effectively going on strike and he has then forced a move from us. I get the point about not being paid but all of his team mates weren’t being paid either - this is a team sport, where you look after your mates and expect them to look after you. I think he has great talent but he could become something of a pariah and there will be some clubs who look at his history and decide not to take a punt on him. IMO he acted like a rat.

Back