• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kalala: I'll be fit for Robins

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United midfielder Jean-Paul Kalala will today return to training after recovering from a groin injury.

More...

Nothing against Kalala, but I hope we don't see him in a Southend shirt for the rest of the season.

There's no room in the midfield for him, Ferdinand and Grant and I prefer Ferdinand and Grant.

Nothing against Kalala, but I hope we don't see him in a Southend shirt for the rest of the season.

There's no room in the midfield for him, Ferdinand and Grant and I prefer Ferdinand and Grant.

I quite like Kalala, however I agree that a midfield 3 of Kane/JPK/Grant does not work and doesn't make us good to watch so I would hope Sturrock will not resort to that.

Sawyer's return will be more key.

"Nothing against Kalala, but I hope we don't see him in a Southend shirt for the rest of the season." - Is a bit strong, he is a solid player and if either grant or ferdinand are injured he is a great replacement. The times ive watched him he does the unfashionable things well.

I'd hate to see your comment if you did have something against Kalala! :smile:

I like him and would have had him back in the side as Grant had been poor but he had a very good game on Saturday.

I was away Saturday so didn't see Grant play but from what I've seen this season I far prefer Kalala to Grant, who I think didn't want to be here until he realised noone was coming for him in the transfer window

"Nothing against Kalala, but I hope we don't see him in a Southend shirt for the rest of the season." - Is a bit strong, he is a solid player and if either grant or ferdinand are injured he is a great replacement. The times ive watched him he does the unfashionable things well.

What's wrong with hoping Grant or Ferdinand don't get injured?

Kalala would be an adequate replacement if they did, but it would weaken the team.

That's a shame. I think he's pony.

Sounds like your in the minority there. From the reports on here, he sounds like a good player who is willing to do the dirty work and will put in a good shift. Midfield is a bit crowded with Timlin back though.

I rate him a lot, but I do love that kind of player, dirty work and plays a simple pass, with a bit of composure on the ball aswell! Not only that he has a brilliant name!

My Midfield for tomorrow would be;

Kalala
Hall Ferdinand Grant

It's perfect away from home for me!

My home formation would be;

Hall Kalala/Timlin Sawyer Grant

It is a very nice position to be in, but we always seem to have a strong midfield!

Sturrock says: Looking forward to heading back to Swindon

I’M looking forward to heading back to Swindon Town tomorrow because I really enjoyed my time in charge there.

More...

Grant has to play in the middle. He showed on Saturday that if he plays there and plays well he's head and shoulders above the rest, except maybe sawyer

That's it, the forward thinking train has just been derailed, back to across the park we go!

Wiggy, you need a player like Kalala, if we just had a midfield of

Hall, Sawyer, Grant, Jamal Johnson

All attacking players, no sideways or backwards passes.

Which I take it is what you want we would be so attacking and unbalanced it would be ridiculous. Whilst I'd like to see if it worked, I don't think it would!

We wouldn't keep the ball, we would lose the ball in midfield or up top and then we would have constant pressure.

In today's game you do need somebody like Ferdinand or Kalala to be in the 'right place at the right time'. Especially in this league not only do you need somebody to break down any play coming through the middle 'on the floor'. You also need somebody to pick up the second ball from a long ball.

It is important.

You need somebody to play the ball back to the full backs instead of the HOOF which we all have been moaning about.

Perfectly adequate player who does the simple things well although that can be often another way of saying that he is limited. Most certainly number 5 out of 5 of our central midfielders and I certainly dont expect/hope to see him anywhere the team/ bench for a long time.

Defenders out to avoid close shaves at Swindon

SOUTHEND United’s centre-back pairing Chris Barker and Mark Phillips will be wanting to avoid any close shaves at Swindon Town tomorrow. And that is something the defensive duo will have to get used to during the remainder of September.

More...

Back