• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Ferdinand - "Once I thought about the move it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. But I owe Southend so much. I was there from the age of 13 and I'd like to thank Ricky Duncan and all the coaches for everything they have done for me."

I am sorry to see Kane go and I wish him well. The style posh try to play under Fergie jnr may really enhance his profile.

Good luck to Kane...definately a talent lost, and the Blues will struggle even more now. Ill be suprised, unless we either get some of our 'walking wounded' back playing soon, or a couple of decent replacements, that we'll struggle in the lower half of the table this year

Some nice words from Kane there, can't really begrudge a 19 year old moving two leagues higher. Never really took hold of a game, perhaps the kind of player you only notice when he isn't there. Wish him all the best in future though.

Wish him all the best, nice to see one of our youth products come through the ranks and make it to a bigger club (like Moussa, hope Kane doesn't go to waste like him though). I think he could do well - has the technical ability, the goals and the surname. At least he acted professionally when he knew about interest from other clubs rather than sulking and saying he doesn't want to play (yes I'm referring to you Moshni and Hall).

Good that Kane thanks those who have helped him develop. Not always one of the first things that a player says on moving. Good luck to him. Hope he develops even further and moves up the ladder again.

Good luck, but I'm not that arsed in the short term. I feel Spicer and Timlin will be more valuable players during the course of the season, although I'll be the first to admit he does have talent.

Hopefully we get one maybe two for the middle of the park and perhaps another signing, but as others have suggested I guess we will use the loan market.

Best of luck Kane, and thanks for your efforts in a Blues shirt

I for one will follow his career with interest and wish him nothing but success

Good luck Kane, cant begrudge the kid a chance to potentially play championship football, and improve his game by maybe getting to touch the ball during a match:smile:

Back