• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kane Hemmings

amsemp

Director⭐
This one seems to have slipped under the radar a bit.

31 games and 18 goals for Cowdenbeath earned him a move to Barnsley in League One and he scored his second for them today. Looks like we missed a trick not signing this lad!

Didn't think he looked that great on trial but has done well.

Was on trial the same time as Coker I believe. I only saw him play at Great Wakering but he wasn't that great!

Year or two back. He'd just left Rangers at the time and (IMO) looked a really decent prospect. Like the OP, surprised we didnt take a punt.

Could be worth looking in Scotland for more talent. Quick search in the Scottish Championship and found 2 which could be decent.

Jordon White, 22 year old striker has 5 goals in 8 league games so far which is a better ratio than Hemmings.

Gavin Reilly, 21 year old with 5 goals in 9 league games so far and has 31 league goals already in 88 appearances with 40 of those from the bench.

Possibly worth looking in the Irish leagues too. I know we looked at Anto Flood and he didn't do anything, but just because 1 player failed to make an impact doesn't mean another one will be the same. Not saying we should sign these, but the Irish league finishes at the end of October and they could be worth a trial in a friendly.

Pat Hoban, 23 year old with 33 goals in 29 games. Scored 19 in 15 games so far this season and has only failed to score in 1 of those games.

Chris Fagan, 25 year old so slightly older than the others, has scored 38 goals in 35 games. Scored 19 in 14 games so far this season scoring in every game.

I guess when buying players from Ireland or Scotland for a league 2 club is making that big move in their life look attractive. They are most likely settled in the area with family and friends etc and would need decent compensation to move away especially if they are playing regularly where they are.

Seem to remember we did this with Andy Thomson who I think was Scotlands' highest scorer with Queen of the South - He wanted to join us as he thought being a big fish in a small pond would be better for him. Although we were a Championship club back then & I doubt we have quite the same appeal today.

i'd imagine that one of the toughest parts of a scouts job is trying to judge whether they'd make the jump in quality as well as being away from home and all that. if indeed there is a jump in quality.

most of the very good players to come over from Ireland came over young and were developed over here, can't think of too many that made the move as more mature players.

Reading did a pretty good job at getting some youths in a developing them for a while

Back