• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Isn't it obvious that part of being on trial will be allowing our medical Team the first hand opportunity to evaluate his recovery from injury?

Clearly his injuries have really impacted his career, but if anyone thinks that this would not be taken in to account when/if offering a contract then I reckon you are deluded.

I would be almost 100% certain that any contract offered would have major provisos regarding playing time.

The medical team approved injury hit Hunt and he duly spent most of the season on the treatment table.

All about opinions,Wordy has scored more than those 3 combined.

As you say all about opinions. How many times have those three set Wordsworth up for a chance? that's probably a rhetorical question as you haven't seen them play much have you?

As you say all about opinions. How many times have those three set Wordsworth up for a chance? that's probably a rhetorical question as you haven't seen them play much have you?

Seen 4 games this season,not many I admit but nonetheless doesn't stop me from forming an opinion.

I openly state the football is dreadful and I don't attend because of that very reason...unlike some who feel the need to trot out excuses for not attending..such as..I was tiling...or shopping...or gardening...or visiting family:whistling:

How many games has Ranger missed so far this season.......0 goals
Cox already been dropped......2 goals from open play
Forune......doesn't play much.....1 goal

In Phil we trust eh!

Yep they are all dreadful and still Jason Williams doesn't get a chance.
I wonder why that is ........... ?

Yep they are all dreadful and still Jason Williams doesn't get a chance.
I wonder why that is ........... ?

Williams should have left a year ago,he was foolish to sign another deal as his career is slipping away under Phil's guidance.

He needs regular first team football,league 2 or conference even...whether he makes it is another story.

Seen 4 games this season,not many I admit but nonetheless doesn't stop me from forming an opinion.

I openly state the football is dreadful and I don't attend because of that very reason...unlike some who feel the need to trot out excuses for not attending..such as..I was tiling...or shopping...or gardening...or visiting family:whistling:

Come on then mrsb, you keep stats name names.

I know very little about Mr Hines apart from stats. Though it would appear he was a very promising young player who has had serious problems with injury.
My worry about the never ending stream of once promising players who are injury prone is that they have talent and so shine for 90 minutes. The problem is that they are rarely fit enough to play 90 minutes and are highly unlikely to improve that situation.
I guess PB looks at a talented player who may play 25% (at most) of a season as a better bet than a lesser lad who is available 85% of the time. If you have enough of them - the 25%'s add up.

I know very little about Mr Hines apart from stats. Though it would appear he was a very promising young player who has had serious problems with injury.
My worry about the never ending stream of once promising players who are injury prone is that they have talent and so shine for 90 minutes. The problem is that they are rarely fit enough to play 90 minutes and are highly unlikely to improve that situation.
I guess PB looks at a talented player who may play 25% (at most) of a season as a better bet than a lesser lad who is available 85% of the time. If you have enough of them - the 25%'s add up.

To a degree Kev your right...we sign crocks who rarely return to their former glory games,risky signings at best.

Look when we took a punt on Fred...30k and what a signing...plus the club made shed loads from his transfer and then sell on's .....since Fred we have gone for the old and ancient ,without checking I reckon Fred first time scored more goals than the vets combined,no brainer for me.

We sign Nile who is a massive risky signing...so far his minutes on the pitch is bizarre to say the least but it cannot surprise anyone because his fitness was miles behind the average league 1 player.

Seen Hines on various occasions and thought he looked pretty good. That was before his string of injuries though so he may have lost some of his pace which was his real asset.

He has never really played as a main striker so anyone expecting him to have a high goal to game ratio doesn't have a clue.

Why would the club not want to look at other players who are available for training during the season. It would be stupid not to.

It seems a certain poster just wants to create an argument on shrimperzone to fill up their woefully empty life.

Last edited by a moderator:
williams should have left a year ago,he was foolish to sign another deal as his career is slipping away under phil's guidance.

He needs regular first team football,league 2 or conference even...whether he makes it is another story.

hurrah !!!!

Seen Hines on various occasions and thought he looked pretty good. That was before his string of injuries though so he may have lost some of his pace which was his real asset.

He has never really played as a main striker so anyone expecting him to have a high goal to game ratio doesn't have a clue.

Why would the club not want to look at other players who are available for training during the season. It would be stupid not to.

It seems a certain poster just wants to create an argument on shrimperzone to fill up their woefully empty life.

Exactly. Why on earth you would you not look at such a player.

I believe Hines was due to feature in our next U21 game, which I think is tomorrow vs AFC Wimbledon at home at 1pm. If so, anyone know if these are played at B&L or RH, and are the general public welcome to attend?

I believe Hines was due to feature in our next U21 game, which I think is tomorrow vs AFC Wimbledon at home at 1pm. If so, anyone know if these are played at B&L or RH, and are the general public welcome to attend?
if this is the case I will go along if it's at home:smile:

Normally Roots Hall but this one is at Boots and Laces.

Back