• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keeper Daniels looks to future

I personally think he's got little chance of breaking through at West Brom whilst they're a Premiership side. He'd probably be better off moving on permanently and establishing himself as a side's No 1 keeper. Not sure what level yet as I've only seen him at Barnet and he looked a bit (understandly) nervous. I gather he put in a more assured display at the weekend though.

Thoughts?

Despite the fact he's down the pecking order at West Brom, I reckon that his salary expectations would far outweigh what we can afford, before we think about the small matter of a transfer fee.

Despite the fact he's down the pecking order at West Brom, I reckon that his salary expectations would far outweigh what we can afford, before we think about the small matter of a transfer fee.

He won't be coming here permanently, just a stopgap until Morris is fit. Looked nervous at Barnet but you don't win PotY at Shrewsbury and Tranmere as a loan player without being an excellent goalkeeper for this level.

He won't be coming here permanently, just a stopgap until Morris is fit. Looked nervous at Barnet but you don't win PotY at Shrewsbury and Tranmere as a loan player without being an excellent goalkeeper for this level.

Quite right, looking forward to seeing him in action on Saturday.

Yeah didn't know that either.

And for the record I wasn't insisting we should make a bid for him if he became available. I'm more than happy with Glenn Morris at the mo given our current league and financial position. I just meant generally for the lad's career he's probably best moving on as breaking into the first team with 2 established keepers ahead of him at West Brom makes it nigh on impossible. Sub keepers barely get a game as it is so to be 3rd choice means you either go out on loan or leave.

He does like to punch rather than catch a little to often for me, he punched a throw out for a corner at Macc. But then again he's a pro' goalie (I'm not) so maybe he did the right thing.

Back