• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keeper Problems

simac21

Coach
After reading the echo the other day stating that harrold wanted to go in goal if collis got injured or sent off, i went to wakering to see Chemico vs Southend Legends.
As i arrived i looked round the southend side to see we had no keeper on the programme mel capleton was supposed to be in goal.
Then after a little discussion Tilson appeared in a Goalie top. Watching him warm up he looked a decent shot stopper until brushy hit a screamer in the top corner! Just as the game was gonna start Mel Capleton decided to turn up but to my amazement and probably everyone over there tilson asked capleton if he could have 15 mins in goal!
Tilson looked very comfortable in goal coming out collecting balls in the air "Take note Flavs" he must have been enjoying himself cos he stayed in goal the whole of the 1st half!
So instead of Harrold going in goal Maybe Tilly cud throw his hat in the ring for sub goalie!

After reading the echo the other day stating that harrold wanted to go in goal if collis got injured or sent off, i went to wakering to see Chemico vs Southend Legends.
As i arrived i looked round the southend side to see we had no keeper on the programme mel capleton was supposed to be in goal.
Then after a little discussion Tilson appeared in a Goalie top. Watching him warm up he looked a decent shot stopper until brushy hit a screamer in the top corner! Just as the game was gonna start Mel Capleton decided to turn up but to my amazement and probably everyone over there tilson asked capleton if he could have 15 mins in goal!
Tilson looked very comfortable in goal coming out collecting balls in the air "Take note Flavs" he must have been enjoying himself cos he stayed in goal the whole of the 1st half!
So instead of Harrold going in goal Maybe Tilly cud throw his hat in the ring for sub goalie!

What was the final score mate...?

Any good goals?

I'm sure I saw Tilly take over in goal during a first team game on at least one occasion way back when. Can anyone else back me up on this or am I going mad?

Wasnt it in our first season in the old Div 2.....think Sammy may have seen red against someone like Boro, and Tilson was beaten from the resultant spot kick.

ah the days of just two subs on the bench.

Last edited:
Wasnt it in our first season in the old Div 2.....think Sammy may have seen red against someone like Boro, and Tilson was beated from the resultant spot kick.

ah the days of just two subs on the bench.

John Hendrie, the diving tart, got Sammy sent off. Was never a penalty.

the game finished 1-0 to southend
dave regis the scorer!

Good to see some old southend faces over there!
Westley was the manager!
Peter Taylor was centre midfield with Gary Nelson 1st half!
Cusack and Brush 1st half centre backs!
Edinburgh, O'Shea, Greaves, Garner and Mark Hall were other oldies i recognised.
Parmenter played the second half our kit man!
Didnt recognise a few of the players maybe cos i was too young wen they played for the blues!

Would have been nice 2 see Andy Ansah, Ian Benjiman and paul Clark play.

Back