• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dusterman

Nello
Having been a journalist and involved in the media for most of my career I've fallen out of love with constant stirring up of football matters.

After the little run we have been on, and having great quality like Britt and Tomlin upfront, has made watching the Blues fun again. I'd lost this over the last couple of seasons, but have enjoyed the Rochdale and Bury games immensely.

All this lark with unpaid players has dented this again, so much so I didn't want to go to the Bury rematch. We all know we are in the brown stuff in terms of finances. I don't need it rammed down my throat. I'm sure the club are trying to stay afloat anyway they can, by hook or by crook. I still have a club to support and I'd just like to get on with that.

I know for a fact a lot of advertisers couldn't care less about what papers say or how good the journalism is; they just want exposure and good circulation. So, I find it a bit grating now with all the stirring that goes on in football in general, which detracts from me enjoying it.

PS. this board knows more than most anyway, as I once got a call about something said tongue in cheek on here to find out if it was correct.

Rant over. Thoughts?:smile:

Having been a journalist and involved in the media for most of my career I've fallen out of love with constant stirring up of football matters.

After the little run we have been on, and having great quality like Britt and Tomlin upfront, has made watching the Blues fun again. I'd lost this over the last couple of seasons, but have enjoyed the Rochdale and Bury games immensely.

All this lark with unpaid players has dented this again, so much so I didn't want to go to the Bury rematch. We all know we are in the brown stuff in terms of finances. I don't need it rammed down my throat. I'm sure the club are trying to stay afloat anyway they can, by hook or by crook. I still have a club to support and I'd just like to get on with that.

I know for a fact a lot of advertisers couldn't care less about what papers say or how good the journalism is; they just want exposure and good circulation. So, I find it a bit grating now with all the stirring that goes on in football in general, which detracts from me enjoying it.

PS. this board knows more than most anyway, as I once got a call about something said tongue in cheek on here to find out if it was correct.

Rant over. Thoughts?:smile:

Well as you have been involved in journalism you of all people should know that not all you read and probably not all you write is wholly true or accurate. Add to that the proffered opinions of most fans and really the sum total of public knowledge is somewhere between diddly and squat. Don't let it put you off your enjoyment of the game. The one truth is 11 unbeaten!

I agree, but I have to say that I would prefer to know what it happening at our club. I know that every now and then we will be paying bills late, but it's nice to know. The problem is that every time on of these stories happen, it all goes doom and gloom on here with everyone over reacting.

Some dont like hearing anything negative, however the sad truth is that the bad things that happen behind the scenes and off the pitch can end up affecting what happen on it.

Added to that the financial situation and stadium development are key to the clubs future Id have thought they are important to have an understanding of.

Personally as long as the players arent affected I can easily switch off at 3pm on a Saturday and enjoy the game despite what may be going on during the week.

Back