• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keith Dublin

Keith Dublin, excited when he signed for us...... soon wore off. sadly wasnt much cop

Useless lump who was, as I remember, part of a deal we did with Watford when Peter Taylor was the manager. The strong impression I got from Watford fans was also that he was gash!

Those of you remembering Gary Jones on this thread might be pleased to know that SUEPA have arranged for him to be the match day guest in Feb v Burton

Hope my memory is not playing tricks but Norwich on boxing day 199X? Gary Jones scored a cheeky back heel and a backs against the wall performance for a 0 1 win. Snowed and we had an orange ball.

Those of you remembering Gary Jones on this thread might be pleased to know that SUEPA have arranged for him to be the match day guest in Feb v Burton
MANY, too many, years ago I had a chat with him in the Royals food court while his children played in the soft ball play area, he is a really nice normal sensible guy. I will be giving him a big applause for sure.

Hope my memory is not playing tricks but Norwich on boxing day 199X? Gary Jones scored a cheeky back heel and a backs against the wall performance for a 0 1 win. Snowed and we had an orange ball.
1995 I think was the year.I remember journey home wasnt great

1995 I think was the year.I remember journey home wasnt great
I remember that weather. Me and a mate were parked some way away along the river and so we weren't caught up in the post match chaos. As I remember we belted down south keeping just ahead of the snow storm that was heading south too. We later found out that at the time we got back to Southend there were still fans' coaches trying to get out of the snowbound Norwich carpark.

Also, I think that that was the game when Mike Lapper got his leg broken.

I remember that weather. Me and a mate were parked some way away along the river and so we weren't caught up in the post match chaos. As I remember we belted down south keeping just ahead of the snow storm that was heading south too. We later found out that at the time we got back to Southend there were still fans' coaches trying to get out of the snowbound Norwich carpark.

I think your right he broke his leg there.We just got home before snow was too bad

Another TOP bloke, we certainly had some great guys back then.

MANY, too many, years ago I had a chat with him in the Royals food court while his children played in the soft ball play area, he is a really nice normal sensible guy. I will be giving him a big applause for sure.

It won't be a problem if you want to meet him either before or after game if you want - can do this for anyone for any SUEPA guest. After game is easier. Post match we retreat back to the Legends Lounge for a beer and to let the traffic go, there are oftn plenty of fans around seeking pics, autographs etc.

IIRC It took him some time to settle in & get the crowd off his back?. But once he hit form when Steve Thompson took the reigns, didn't he score something like 8 in 11 games at the end of the 94-95 season?.
Those goals played a big part in our climb out of the relegation zone.

Back