• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ken Livingstone

Pubey

Oh dear.

Oh dear.

Been suspended apparently.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36160135

Here's what the BBC thought about it.

Btw saw The Daily Politics live and I'm still none the wiser as to why Ken has been suspended exactly.

Perhaps someone could explain to me? :unsure:

He's been suspended by your mate Corduroy. So far you haven't disagreed with anything that man has done or said, surely you're not going to start now? This must be a bit of a problem for you: the two men you seem to respect most within the Labour party on opposite sides. Interesting development.

That's not exactly what he said.He said that Hitler originally, (back in 1932), contemplated sending German Jews to Palestine.

No, actually it is what he said:

In his interview with the BBC on Thursday morning, Mr Livingstone said: "Let's remember when Hitler won his election in 1932 his policy then was that Jews should be moved to Israel. He was supporting Zionism."

I look forward to an apology.

He's been suspended by your mate Corduroy. So far you haven't disagreed with anything that man has done or said, surely you're not going to start now? This must be a bit of a problem for you: the two men you seem to respect most within the Labour party on opposite sides. Interesting development.

I suspect this is Labours problem...an understanding of what is acceptable and what isn't.

I suspect this will all prove to be a storm in a teacup.

There will clearly be an investigation into this but I'd be suprised if Ken and Bradford's MP,Naz Shah,aren't exonerated.

I've just googled it - The Haavara Agreement (Hebrew: הסכם העברה Translit.: heskem haavara Translated: "transfer agreement") was an agreement between Nazi Germany and Zionist German Jews signed on 25 August 1933. The agreement was finalized after three months of talks by the Zionist Federation of Germany, the Anglo-Palestine Bank (under the directive of the Jewish Agency) and the economic authorities of Nazi Germany. The agreement was designed to help facilitate the emigration of German Jews to Palestine. While it helped Jews emigrate, it forced them to temporarily give up possessions to Germany before departing. Those possessions could later be re-obtained by transferring them to Palestine as German export goods

So there is a sliver of truth in what Livingstone has said, however and I'm sure the "temporarily" bit would have been made permanent. It's still enforced repatriation however.

Time to retire and open a newt farm, just not in Tel Aviv.

There will clearly be an investigation into this but I'd be suprised if Ken and Bradford's MP aren't exonerated.

I seem to be missing something...oh, yes, now I know. It's a straight answer/response to the points made.

The reaction of a colleague to all of this is quite instructive.

He's Jewish and also, until the election of Corbyn last year, a lifelong Labour Party member. He's had his head in his hands most of the day at the mess this crowd are making.

Vile little cretin who, along with Diane Abbott, I would happily see being fed to a pack of Lions (or should that be Zions).

There will clearly be an investigation into this but I'd be suprised if Ken and Bradford's MP,Naz Shah,aren't exonerated.

You may be right in your prediction, BUT would the decision to exonerate be right?

And the damage is already done in the headlines.

He's Jewish and also, until the election of Corbyn last year, a lifelong Labour Party member. He's had his head in his hands most of the day at the mess this crowd are making.

I have to admit, I'm finding my membership increasingly untenable of late.

Most of my Jewish Labour friends would say the same. Most have actually left the party of late.

Back