• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Kenny Clark signs on loan from Daggers

We were never going to sign some up and coming young star in late March...even on loan.

Kenny is past his best but really what we need for a few months. Experienced and a natural leader at the back. Runs a bit flat footed but is deceptive in the air as well.

Kev was interested when he first took over and bizarrely on PBs list of possibles last summer.

Southend fans do make me laugh ?

Our aim was to stay up. Nothing more nothing less.

Stan and the gang (great name for a band, write that one down) have come in and made this possible. A few injuries and a loan player going back and we are short on players at the back.

Now is all about building towards next season and until kev can bring in the players he wants, loan signings like these are smart.

Let's enjoy the rest of the season for what it is.

WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP!!!

So two new defenders thro the door who's likely to play on Saturday ,guess it will be Clark as we revert back to 3 at the back

I didn’t see the point in loanees this season. But this makes sense. Gubbins maybe for next season and I can’t imagine we are paying much if anything. And the older lad to help the kids out on the pitch, will help them develop.

We do need to climb over this age thing. If they are good enough, if the management think they can do a job for us then they should be considered. At this stage of the season we are not going to get prime players, or players at the top of our list of wants. But can we judge a player on their ability rather than their age. How old is Ronaldo?

We do need to climb over this age thing. If they are good enough, if the management think they can do a job for us then they should be considered. At this stage of the season we are not going to get prime players, or players at the top of our list of wants. But can we judge a player on their ability rather than their age. How old is Ronaldo?
37, hopefully Kenny look after himself well & an upgrade over Dunne!

We were never going to sign some up and coming young star in late March...even on loan.

Kenny is past his best but really what we need for a few months. Experienced and a natural leader at the back. Runs a bit flat footed but is deceptive in the air as well.

Kev was interested when he first took over and bizarrely on PBs list of possibles last summer.

Kenny was very highly rated many years back when he was at Braintree.

Happy to trust the judgement of the management team.

Welcome back by the way.

Been hanging around in the Rochdale House of Leather again?

Kenny was very highly rated many years back when he was at Braintree.

Happy to trust the judgement of the management team.

Welcome back by the way.

Been hanging around in the Rochdale House of Leather again?
Kenny has tuned down EFL offers in the past for family reasons.....Its grim up North

You have lost me on that last line.

When I saw the headline that we had signed a Dagenham defender, I screamed out NO! For one awful moment I thought Yoan Zouma.

Now that really would have put the cat amongst the pigeons - so to speak.
?

Loads of experience and a good organiser, good work by our recruiters and a nice fit with young Gubbins
Kc not the tallest but hopefully a salmon leaper like Ralph

Back