• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Kenny Clark signs on loan from Daggers

Whilst we were not at our best they still blew us away. That was the best performance by any team in the NL I have seen this season and it could have been 5-0

I must say they looked a lot better tnan us on the 10 minute highlights I saw on the OS.However when you go a goal up with just 7 mins to play (+AT) you really should be able to get something out of the game.

I must say they looked a lot better tnan us on the 10 minute highlights I saw on the OS.However when you go a goal up with just 7 mins to play (+AT) you really should be able to get something out of the game.
We were talking about the Dagenham game

Whilst we were not at our best they still blew us away. That was the best performance by any team in the NL I have seen this season and it could have been 5-0
Fair point and I have to agree. Think we need to get used to replicating that level because that's what it'll take next season.

We will take daggers 2 best players in the summer will wright and mo sagaf….

Southend fans do make me laugh ?

Our aim was to stay up. Nothing more nothing less.

Stan and the gang (great name for a band, write that one down) have come in and made this possible. A few injuries and a loan player going back and we are short on players at the back.

Now is all about building towards next season and until kev can bring in the players he wants, loan signings like these are smart.

Let's enjoy the rest of the season for what it is.

WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP!
Exactly this.

We were in such a bad state a while back, we have a good run and some people think we should be signing van dijk ?

We are in a much better position than a few months ago, we've lost a couple defenders and a couple have been bought in, we are on the tightest budget going and bought in a bit of experience and a young hungry player.

Well done Stan and the gang

This is considerate man management, Mr White and Coulson have got fresh starts, certainly Josh could get a chance for a contract next season; and to have jerked them back here, to a squad where they had been deemed surplus and unwanted would NOT have been inspired, fair or endearing to achieving team spirit.
Kenny also, likely, has a point to prove and focus on.

I must admit after Tuesday's match reading this initially have to pinch myself to remember Brown is long gone.

It's only for 10 games & if he can shore up our very dodgy defence then definitely worth a punt ??

Last edited:
Point taken, however I'd like to think that was a really bad day for SUFC rather than Daggers being miles ahead of us
Played 3.

3 wins to Daggers.

8 goals for them. 0 for us.

I make that a trilogy of bad days. Either that, or Daggers are just better than us at the moment.

Southend fans do make me laugh ?

Our aim was to stay up. Nothing more nothing less.

Stan and the gang (great name for a band, write that one down) have come in and made this possible. A few injuries and a loan player going back and we are short on players at the back.

Now is all about building towards next season and until kev can bring in the players he wants, loan signings like these are smart.

Let's enjoy the rest of the season for what it is.

WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP!!!
Totally agree.
This has got to be one of the best posts of the season!! But probably to sensible for quite a few on here.

I used to watch Kenny Clark a fair bit over at Thurrock many years ago and never would I have guessed in a million years that I would see him in our shirt. It’s funny how times change. He’s never been the quickest, he’s not the tallest, but he is full blooded. If we wanted an experienced head to organise two young centre halves then it’s slightly strange that we didn’t just bring Coulson back, after all he’s played a lot more football recently.

We will take daggers 2 best players in the summer will wright and mo sagaf….

Not even our two best players, not even close. Wright can’t defend and is probably our worst in our present back 3 but can take a brilliant set piece which is all he offers despite being a centre back. Sagaf is a good player but can blow hot and cold, if he has an off game he can be very anonymous but on his day a very good player but in and out the team neither are close to being our best two players. Solid national league players but if your aim is to go up you need better just look at our position. We have just signed a centre back for next season so would not be surprised to see Wright leave in the summer as I heard he turned down a new deal in Jan.

Kenny Clark will give you 100% every game no nonsense centre back who will stick it in row Z but can’t play football and has lost the very little pace he had, was currently our 6th choice centre back.

Coulsen could ONLY play in a 3, admitted by Brown quite clearly as he needed legs around him.
Needing to play in a 3 because your legs are shot is a bit different to it being a role that you're actually technically proficient at and used to.

Not even our two best players, not even close. Wright can’t defend and is probably our worst in our present back 3 but can take a brilliant set piece which is all he offers despite being a centre back. Sagaf is a good player but can blow hot and cold, if he has an off game he can be very anonymous but on his day a very good player but in and out the team neither are close to being our best two players. Solid national league players but if your aim is to go up you need better just look at our position. We have just signed a centre back for next season so would not be surprised to see Wright leave in the summer as I heard he turned down a new deal in Jan.

Kenny Clark will give you 100% every game no nonsense centre back who will stick it in row Z but can’t play football and has lost the very little pace he had, was currently our 6th choice centre back.
Thanks for your views but missed who have recently signed as centre back, who is it?

All about opinions mate a good friend of mine who is a daggers regular says they are probably the 2 best players! Very good current football coach my mate knows his stuff

Back