• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Kenny Clark signs on loan from Daggers

Thanks for your views but missed who have recently signed as centre back, who is it?
Manny Onariase resigned from Scunthorpe, will be our best centre back for sure next season, we’ve been terrible defensively this season and it’s cost us a play off spot manager opted for ball playing centre backs rather than the no nonsense ones you need at this level to deal with the giant sides that play on this league.

All about opinions mate a good friend of mine who is a daggers regular says they are probably the 2 best players! Very good current football coach my mate knows his stuff
Trust me they’re really not Robinson is our best midfielder not Sagaf, he has about 15 goals in 60 odd games last two seasons and Sagaf has about 2 goals from the same games, even Weston does more at his age than Sagaf but as you say it’s all about opinions and I’m not saying they’re bad players just decent enough for this level.

If you guys want to go up next season you need better I’ve been watching conference football for over 30 years and you only have to look at the caliber of players the current top 3 have to see what you need as those two players wouldn’t get anywhere near starting for those sides. I have no doubt Mr Dagenham John Still will pinch a few players next season from us but then so will other sides, it’s a constant rebuild job at this level for clubs our size so no surprise there.

Not even our two best players, not even close. Wright can’t defend and is probably our worst in our present back 3 but can take a brilliant set piece which is all he offers despite being a centre back. Sagaf is a good player but can blow hot and cold, if he has an off game he can be very anonymous but on his day a very good player but in and out the team neither are close to being our best two players. Solid national league players but if your aim is to go up you need better just look at our position. We have just signed a centre back for next season so would not be surprised to see Wright leave in the summer as I heard he turned down a new deal in Jan.

Kenny Clark will give you 100% every game no nonsense centre back who will stick it in row Z but can’t play football and has lost the very little pace he had, was currently our 6th choice centre back.
Sixth choice and lost his pace…yeah useful.
By the way,Daggers did look like Liverpool against us despite what the deluded’s say on here.

Trust me they’re really not Robinson is our best midfielder not Sagaf, he has about 15 goals in 60 odd games last two seasons and Sagaf has about 2 goals from the same games, even Weston does more at his age than Sagaf but as you say it’s all about opinions and I’m not saying they’re bad players just decent enough for this level.

If you guys want to go up next season you need better I’ve been watching conference football for over 30 years and you only have to look at the caliber of players the current top 3 have to see what you need as those two players wouldn’t get anywhere near starting for those sides. I have no doubt Mr Dagenham John Still will pinch a few players next season from us but then so will other sides, it’s a constant rebuild job at this level for clubs our size so no surprise there.

Though it hurts to say it I have to pay respect to the Daggers for a dominant performance against us last week. You burst our bubble with a superb display. I think the quality of your play surprised more than a few Daggers fans as well.

We do need to climb over this age thing. If they are good enough, if the management think they can do a job for us then they should be considered. At this stage of the season we are not going to get prime players, or players at the top of our list of wants. But can we judge a player on their ability rather than their age. How old is Ronaldo?

More relevant to our history and our level, how old is Peter Clark?

Though it hurts to say it I have to pay respect to the Daggers for a dominant performance against us last week. You burst our bubble with a superb display. I think the quality of your play surprised more than a few Daggers fans as well.
When we play well we really do perform superbly and can beat anyone, only have to look at how many we’ve scored 61 yet failed to score in 8 games and have been far too inconsistent for play offs this season. Our play off chances are gone for me unless we win our next three Grimsby, Boreham and Bromley massive pressure on the manager to get the results he needs to get to his objective which he would have failed at for 2 years. We’re a average sized club at this level but have a very healthy top 7 budget what with the West Ham Ladies income and our owners topping it up.

Think Rochdale away a few years ago……
Yes, now I remember 0-1. You claimed it was one of the worse performances you have ever seen..... Funny because since then, in the 4 years, there has been at least 50 performances worse than Rochdale away.

Yes, now I remember 0-1. You claimed it was one of the worse performances you have ever seen..... Funny because since then, in the 4 years, there has been at least 50 performances worse than Rochdale away.

Actually it was the 3-0 in October 2016

I guess, as you say, it was the start of the rot.

Coincided with Adam being ostracised of course……and you’re right……the Bond 1-0 was worse.

Well remembered.

Sixth choice and lost his pace…yeah useful.
By the way,Daggers did look like Liverpool against us despite what the deluded’s say on here.
Meanwhile Halifax have loaned King's Lynn Town's 5th choice CB.

Remember this is the biggest club that Kenny Clark ever played for, let give him supports when he walk on the pitch against Notts County, show it’s never too late to play for an big club at his age. He might get questions flying about by Dagenham best players when he go back after loans end, asking Kenny “what Southend is like? If positive, I would want to join when my contract run out!”

Back