• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kenny Coker to Norwich

My point being he has had the advantage of the solidarity payments and he’s utilised premier league loans. Whether he voted for or against, we can’t then complain about the over side of the sword.

Every season fans clamour for loan signings and I have always argued against them. Ethan Hamilton was a good LC and a good pro but he only deprived our own players of game time based on where he was from not his performances. Nduku didn’t take much game time but what he did get and the time h essential ion the bench stopped one of our own getting valuable experience. Same with Sterling.

Ron could easily have made a stand in that respect and stopped managers from making those types of signings. It would’ve helped on the long run too as it would’ve added value to the players like Coker when they do move on!!

Completely get what you're saying, but it's one of those "hindsight is a wonderful thing" situations, isn't it?

Good luck to the lad. Shame we never got to see him flourish, but can’t be turning down an opportunity like that. Just hope we’re fairly compensated.

Pleased for the lad and I’m pleased for his family who won’t have to see him thrown into a struggling first team before he’s ready to lead the line on his own and listen to the abuse thrown at him (and them) from a small minority of fans, for not being good enough while he manfully worked his nuts off to do the best he can do.....

Joking apart, he’ll go into a top environment where good players and good coaches will enhance the technical and tactical sides of his game to go with his obvious physical and athletic attributes. The Cat 1 academy football will be tough for him, but it’s the best place for him to improve and reach whatever potential he may have.

Don’t really know enough to make an educated guess but what do we reckon, £25k with lots of incentives?

EDIT: maybe a bit more actually. I think we’d be entitled to £25k as a cat 4 academy. We’re cat 3 I believe, but depends how long Kenny was in the academy as a 15 or 16 year old. Could be around the £40k-£50k mark I think.

Last edited:
Back