• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RyanSmyth

Youth Team
From a very valuable source, apparently Steve Evans has inquired about Kevan Hurst and has offered a potential swap deal with another Rotherham player but PB is not keen on selling in January,

Not surprised that he is grabbing attention though with the way he is playing:sad:

From a very valuable source, apparently Steve Evans has inquired about Kevan Hurst and has offered a potential swap deal with another Rotherham player but PB is not keen on selling in January,

Not surprised that he is grabbing attention though with the way he is playing:sad:

I'm not surprised either. I can't see PB wanting to lose him though. Whether Hurst will want to leave is another thing though, he is from this area, and with Rotherham flying high in L1 at the moment he might think that the cash and CCC opportunity are too good to pass up. Being 28, he probably wants to coincide his peak with earning as much as possible.

Cant see any way we would swap anyone.

We may sell him and try to cash in but we wouldnt get as good a player in return. If we are challenging for promotion I cant see any way we would let him go until the summer.

Cant see any way we would swap anyone.

We may sell him and try to cash in but we wouldnt get as good a player in return. If we are challenging for promotion I cant see any way we would let him go until the summer.

His contract is up Summer 2014.

So we wouldnt get much anyway.

Promotion would be worth far more.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with your view, just pointing it out.

I think he's too valuable to swap for a negligible amount of cash and an inferior replacement.

If he continues to play well and we unfortunately miss out, then there might even be better options for him than ****ing Rotherham and that fat **** Evans.

So we wouldnt get much anyway.

Promotion would be worth far more.

For sure.
Just wouldn't want another Cresswell situation.
His form in the second half of the season was nowhere near as good as the first.
Could have just been one of those things , but could also have been the 'homesick / want away' situation or whatever it was......

I presume we're having to put up with this ' valuable source' rubbish for another 7 weeks now:sad:

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with your view, just pointing it out.

I think he's too valuable to swap for a negligible amount of cash and an inferior replacement.

If he continues to play well and we unfortunately miss out, then there might even be better options for him than ****ing Rotherham and that fat **** Evans.

Indeed and its a valid point.

I think if we were expecting to be midtable this season we may cash in during January, but take out Hurst and we lose our best player so it would be suicidal to let him go.

Said at the weekend that if Hurst wasn't interesting a few clubs higher up the league structure then something was afoot. Hurst has arguably been among League Two's best players for the last 12 months or so, and versatile, goalscoring midfield players like Hurst are always in demand.

I presume we're having to put up with this ' valuable source' rubbish for another 7 weeks now:sad:

believe what you want, this guy told me all about our signings in the summer before they were mentioned and also knew of the Ozil to Arsenal before the media and knew United were not going to get Baines. He hasnt been far wrong with all the rumours but you can make your own judgement

Indeed and its a valid point.

I think if we were expecting to be midtable this season we may cash in during January, but take out Hurst and we lose our best player so it would be suicidal to let him go.

I think that's pretty disrespectful to Craig Reid.

Hurst for me can blow hot and cold, he goes on a good run and then can be quite quiet (he took a while to get going this season, but so did the team). If we can ensure that he continues to put great balls into the box then he is crucial for this season. Best player? Not sure, maybe. But massively important.

According to Agent Jim on Twitter, who posted this rumour, the player that might be exchanged is Lee Frecklington. I wouldn't sell Hurst, we need him if we are going to get promotion, which would be worth a lot more than selling him for 50k. He must have been involved in the majority of our goals this season.

UPDATE: The player who could be a potential swap deal is Lee Frecklington

I'd be tempted to swap him for Matt Tubbs and a few quid to bring Ryan Hall back in.

Back