• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UPDATE: The player who could be a potential swap deal is Lee Frecklington

Is this the source?

According to Agent Jim on Twitter, who posted this rumour, the player that might be exchanged is Lee Frecklington. I wouldn't sell Hurst, we need him if we are going to get promotion, which would be worth a lot more than selling him for 50k. He must have been involved in the majority of our goals this season.

Agent Jim on twitter is sometimes hit and miss, but you can't deny some of the trasnfers he has predicted weeks in advance...

Don't personally see why frecklington would want to drop down to league 2, and who knows if hursty could even manage it in L1? When walsall sold him to us, their fans said he was poo! He's found his feet at a lower level!

Exactly..Happened with Lee Barnard. Selling him cost us our status in the division at the time and a lot of money in the long run

An inability to not concede three goals per game cost us our status in the division. We scored as many goals per game without Barnard as we had done with him that season.

An inability to not concede three goals per game cost us our status in the division. We scored as many goals per game without Barnard as we had done with him that season.

We were there or there abouts the playoffs when we had lee, then we won 2 games in the time after he went, including 1 when we had already been relegated!

We were there or there abouts the playoffs when we had lee, then we won 2 games in the time after he went, including 1 when we had already been relegated!

Selling Barnard didn't help our cause but it certainly wasn't the main reason we were relegated.

The main reason was we had a team of players who weren't paid for months on end and/or lots of loan players. Add to that a manager who didn't have much experience in successfully rescuing a sinking ship and we didn't have much chance.

Tilson's pre-match interviews on Blues World in those last few months of the season were painful to watch. "Its going to be a really tough game." I felt like Tilson thought we were going to get beat before the players had even boarded the coach.

Because we kept conceding goals left, right and centre (usually all in the same match).

Had we kept Barnard we still would have gone down, IMO. He was neither going to stop the defenders from being terrible nor was he going to pay the players so that they gave a ****.

We actually score more per game after we had sold Barnard.

With Lee Barnard

1.16 scored per game
1.36 conceded per game

Without Lee Barnard

1.19 scored per game
1.81 conceded per game

Although, he did miss only 1 game before we sold him - a 3-0 defeat to Gillingham in the FA Cup.

We actually score more per game after we had sold Barnard.

With Lee Barnard

1.16 scored per game
1.36 conceded per game

Without Lee Barnard

1.19 scored per game
1.81 conceded per game

Although, he did miss only 1 game before we sold him - a 3-0 defeat to Gillingham in the FA Cup.

Sign him back up as centre half!

believe what you want, this guy told me all about our signings in the summer before they were mentioned and also knew of the Ozil to Arsenal before the media and knew United were not going to get Baines. He hasnt been far wrong with all the rumours but you can make your own judgement

Can he confirm that Tottingham Hotspursation are still interested in taking Strakes?

Why would we want Frecklington anyway? He's ANOTHER central midfielder and CM is by far the strongest area of our squad - hell even one of Laird/Atkinson/Timlin will have to be left out when Lenny is back and any of those 3 would probably walk into any side at our level. And that's without mentioning Conor Clifford who looks like he'll be a very decent player.

It would be madness to let our biggest supply-line of goals (and top scorer) leave before the end of the season. I'd rather risk Hurst leaving on a free transfer in the summer if it means we're in with a chance of promotion. With only 6 months or so left we'd get peanuts anyway and the last thing we need is another CM in return. Besides which Hurst seems very happy here judging by his Twitter, hopefully he'll stay and help us into L1.

Hurst is currently top candidate for Player of the Season.

Potentially yes - and that means he will be leaving in the summer!

But all this changes if Hurst was to sign a contract extension .......... or if there is another year's option in his contract.

This would be a terrible decision by the club.

I think selling him would too, but swapping is pointless. Hurst doesn't strike me as the sort of player to try and force it either. He is playing the best football of his life with us, and has the chance to go up this season. If we miss out on promotion this season, he can (if he so chooses) jump ship at the end anyway, and plenty of L1 clubs would take him on.

His stats in the last 1.5 seasons speak for themselves.

Wait, the only source for this rumour so far is an ITK Twitter account? ****ing hell...

This would be a terrible decision by the club.

I think selling him would too, but swapping is pointless. Hurst doesn't strike me as the sort of player to try and force it either. He is playing the best football of his life with us, and has the chance to go up this season. If we miss out on promotion this season, he can (if he so chooses) jump ship at the end anyway, and plenty of L1 clubs would take him on.

His stats in the last 1.5 seasons speak for themselves.

I had tickets in East Blues for the cup game vs Stockport last season and sat in-between Hurst's parents and Paul Smith's other half and small kid. Hurst's parents told me that he absolutely loves it at Southend and is happier here than he has been anywhere else. I'm sure he'll stay (well I think he'll at least wait and see if we get into L1 this season anyway).

Back