• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I had tickets in East Blues for the cup game vs Stockport last season and sat in-between Hurst's parents and Paul Smith's other half and small kid. Hurst's parents told me that he absolutely loves it at Southend and is happier here than he has been anywhere else. I'm sure he'll stay (well I think he'll at least wait and see if we get into L1 this season anyway).

How bloody rude !!!

He's scored 5 goals in the last 6 games, and is our most creative player. We have no one else to come in and take that roll. He is so important to our promotion challenge. The club must do everything to keep him. He's also the only player that can regularly score from a distance as well.

I'd be tempted to swap him for Matt Tubbs and a few quid to bring Ryan Hall back in.

You have got to be on a suspicious substance!! Why would we want Hall back with all the baggage he brings with him. Once gone, stay gone. Seldom, if ever works second time around.

From a very valuable source, apparently Steve Evans has inquired about Kevan Hurst and has offered a potential swap deal with another Rotherham player but PB is not keen on selling in January,

Not surprised that he is grabbing attention though with the way he is playing:sad:

Well twitter share prices are approaching an all-time high.....

Phil Brown has turned down the offer, he has stated "he does not want to sell any players in the January transfer window

Apparently there was an enquiry and an invitation from Phil Brown to go away
We are bound to get enquiries and I am pretty certain we will not be looking to sell in January
Paricularly Mr Hurst who was very nice in the Casa Hotel after the game Sat and gave her ladyship a kiss on the cheek- making him quite popular nice guy. Gave credit for his goal spree to all the rest the guys for their hard work

If the source is that Jim kid on twitter then it won't be happening.

if Hurst's contract is running out next summer surely now is the time to sort out a new deal for him! do we really want to lose another player for nothing?

I think if you were Rotherham, Hurst would be exactly the type of player you're interested in - no surprise there. From our perspective, we'll get very little for him as his contract us up soon so I'd look to keep him and accept he goes for free in the summer if we don't get promoted.

That said, if he goes, he goes. Hall was irreplaceable, but we replaced him. We haven't missed Cresswell at all. People worry far too much about losing players to other clubs. A club of our size will always lose their better players to a club higher on the rung in the same way that Spurs lost Bale to Real Madrid. That's football. What matters is who we replace them with, and that's where a good manager earns his crust. I think Brown has done pretty well with player recruitment overall, so far.

According to Agent Jim on Twitter, who posted this rumour, the player that might be exchanged is Lee Frecklington. I wouldn't sell Hurst, we need him if we are going to get promotion, which would be worth a lot more than selling him for 50k. He must have been involved in the majority of our goals this season.

Must be true then...

Phil Brown has turned down the offer, he has stated "he does not want to sell any players in the January transfer window
Yeah all you've done there is copy that twitter page, where has phil brown 'stated' this, stop pretending to have a valuable source when all you're doing is copying a twitter page

Back