• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As has been said he has been at times over the last two seasons our only creative outlet which has contributed to our relatively low goals for totals. Now we have other options and so the play is being spread about a bit more. Hopefully this will result in more goals, and Im sure Hurst's first of the season is not too far away.

Have not even bothered to read any of this thread - 2 games and 6 points? Seems like he is doing ok to me!

I haven't seen him play yet this season. I'm just going by what I've read.

This is Shrimperzone, everyone is looking for a scapegoat! No matter how well we're doing and how settled the side is, there's always a player that people are looking to change, or a player who's judged to be below par. It hasn't reached the levels of 'scapegoating' that Corr or Prosser have achieved, but it's mounting for Hurst (discussions about weight, fitness, motivation etc).

I'm sure the knives will come out if this sub-par run continues and we lose.

What complete crap. People are not looking for a scapegoat. Scapegoat for what exactly we have played two won two so the phrase is meaningless. We are discussing a player who we know can be brilliant , but dropped in form at the end of the season and has not immediately bounced back. No one is booing him at matches, no one is slagging him off. Are we not allowed to discut our players unless it's all positive? It's not a moaning thread , only in your head

What complete crap. People are not looking for a scapegoat. Scapegoat for what exactly we have played two won two so the phrase is meaningless. We are discussing a player who we know can be brilliant , but dropped in form at the end of the season and has not immediately bounced back. No one is booing him at matches, no one is slagging him off. Are we not allowed to discut our players unless it's all positive? It's not a moaning thread , only in your head

Yeah on reflection you're probably right. UTBs

Always a slow starter. Still a class act and with the exception of Leonard he is the only person that can score from outside the box. I personally would play him every time.

It's looked to me like shaq on the left and hurst on the right, corr and Weston up front.

Last season hurst was generally the only attacking wide player, or playing alongside straker. In both cases he would get given the ball as a default attacking option. This season we have valid alternatives. I don't think its that he's not playing well, just seeing less of the ball than before.

This is a great point. He is also playing in a different position and in a different formation to last season so it is difficult to compare how he is doing.

Always a slow starter. Still a class act and with the exception of Leonard he is the only person that can score from outside the box. I personally would play him every time.

Conor Clifford
Ben Coker

That's a bit harsh, don't think anyone trying to make him a scapegoat. Posters just saying he is going through a rough patch, but his time will come later in the season.

How can he be going through a rough patch when we have only played two games.

He has been top of the assists charts two years running and scored plenty of goals.

Lets give him a break...

No harm in carrying a player for a short while whilst he finds form, but..... in Hurst's case has been out of form for some while now, and it cant be sending the correct signals to those who are waiting their opportunity - only to see a player being picked consistantly for what he has done rather than what he is currently doing.

This is not a scapegoat comment it is my observation!

UTB

how? Not performed since xmas, cant carry weak players. Also don't call me mental, you should not talk about other peoples state of mind, you should understand this can have a bad effect on people

How would you fell if I told you I suffered from schizophrenia? Which I do. I am in fact mental and find that comment disrespectful

How would you fell if I told you I suffered from schizophrenia? Which I do. I am in fact mental and find that comment disrespectful

I'm pretty sure he meant it figuratively, not literally. Don't take it personally.

You made a bold (some would say crazy) suggestion on an internet forum - I'd expect a strong reaction!

I'm pretty sure he meant it figuratively, not literally. Don't take it personally.

You made a bold (some would say crazy) suggestion on an internet forum - I'd expect a strong reaction!

Not crazy make perfect sense, cash in on him now while people still respect him and think he has potential to improve then when he flops this season we are in the money. We have enough players to let him go elsewhere for some cash

for some reason people don't tend to respond with 'i can see your point of view but i must disagree', they say 'you're mental' or 'you arsehole' or 'no, Black Sabbath died when Ozzy was kicked out'

i ain't saying its good, but if you carry a cross you may on occasion get nailed

Back