• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Betsy

Thoroughly nice bloke, had quite a chat with him at "A Game for Barks" - hadn't spoken with him before. Wish him well.

Crawley have done well there. I had thought he might spend a couple more years at Arsenal and try to go straight for a bigger post.

For me it is a shame that KB has gone to Creepy. I thought, and half wanted, them to crash but I wish only success for Mr Betsy, hopefully he will have a great season and move on up and then they can crash?

I remember a few years back when Gary Hill was managing Woking and Betsy was player/coach, Gary said to me that Betsy would be a very good manager one day. Good luck to him

He made several own throat cutting decisions.

Decided that kids he and Macciche knew from England age group sides they’d run together were good enough to step from u23 football to the cut and thrust of league two football and in turn let players like double player of the year Glenn Morris and top scorer Kwesi Appiah go on loan to other league two clubs.

Ludicrous decisions that back fired massively.

Tried to change too many from a side that pushed play offs the previous season, too soon.

He also fell into a trap Southend fans will have seen a few times which was to try and change the culture and style of football into an u23s style, overnight, whilst also trying to get results in a man’s league.

Back