• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Bond appointed - Confirmed

Thoughts?

The Club has today appointed Kevin Bond as Manager for the remaining six games of the season and shall review the position at the end of the season.

Not a fan. Only until the end of the season so he can't really make things any worse, hopefully it's just Ron's confession that there's no-one available at the moment.

I want to know who all those others than applied for the job were. They must have been pretty bad applicants to be overlooked in favour for this bloke.

Agree we need a trouble shooter to the end of the season, just not sure Kevin Bond would have been my pick. Irrespective, he’s here now - let’s hope I’m wrong and UTB.

Double cup winner at Hong Kong Pegasus so no stranger to silverware.

Last edited:
I reckon someone is already lined up for next season but they needed a man to fill the gap until then.

These kind of appointments are usually made when someone is needed to motivate a de-motivated team.
Now I know the players aren’t exactly brimming with confidence ( understatement of the year ? ) but to me , they just aren’t good enough ( largely down to the injuries) so I can’t see what he can possibly do any better than RD with the players at his disposal

I'm resigned to going down anyway so if he keeps us up then touch

Get behind him and the team. That’s all you can do. Wouldn’t have been my first choice, but none of the available managers were inspiring.

If Keen will be his assistant, it might be what we need. Ron’s obviously been impressed by something.

Maybe Harry’s planning to have some impact? Who knows. At least we’ve got someone at the helm now. But all the “announce relegation” etc comments do us absolutely no favours ?

Let’s give him an opportunity first before we judge him.

Back