• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

south247

Coach⭐
From Sky Sports interview. You have to reckon on us being one of the clubs he is talking to. So who knows. Might not be as unrealistic as it might seem:

What's your mindset heading into the summer? How are you approaching being a free agent?
I've just been working on part one of my A license, which was a positive two weeks and I really enjoyed that. Then I have been on holiday, had two weeks with the family which I really enjoyed. Now it's just a case of coming back in and my agent lining clubs up for me, which is happening this week. I've got a few meetings set up with clubs this week, some up here and some down south, so that's where we are with it all. Hopefully by the end of that, somewhere down the line, we will have a few options and make some decisions.

If you believe what you read, you have got a fair few options to consider haven't you?

I have got a few. There are a good few clubs interested. Some are initial enquiries, some a bit further down the line to the point where we think the offer has been made. In the next few days we will have some offers to think about. It's all very positive and I'm more than happy with the clubs that have made the enquiries. I'm pleased with the way things are.

You've spent the vast majority of your career in the top two divisions, so is that where you are looking to stay?

We have had a couple of really interesting offers outside the top two, which I'm really looking forward to exploring. They sound ambitious and if they have shown an interest I'll be looking forward to speaking to them and seeing what they are offering. I'm not ruling anything out in this country, in Britain, and we have certainly got a good bit of interest from abroad as well. As a family we are very open to anything and are looking at all avenues.

Interesting, would have to imagine he's well outside our wage budget though.

Apart from Goater these signings of older pro's finishing their careers with us cost too much and don't deliver.

I'd prefer us to look elsewhere

Would love it to happen, he would still be quality at our level for 1 season, similar to Barry Corr target man type, would have thought PB is looking for pace now up front.

PB also said his coaching team was set for this season now...................but you never know, its a funny old game!!

Very very little to absolutely zero chance of Davies ending up with us, and that shows what a fantastic coup it would be if he did.

A class above at this level.

Don't forgrt he played for England only a couple of years ago.

Very very little to absolutely zero chance of Davies ending up with us, and that shows what a fantastic coup it would be if he did.

A class above at this level.

Don't forgrt he played for England only a couple of years ago.

So did Jay Bothroyd... There's still hope for us all!

If we hadn't employed Penney then he would have been a good shout as a Player/Assistant Manager.

No disrespect to Penney but I think that given our finances a Player/Assistant Manager (not necessarily Davies) would have been the more financially prudent decision to make.

He was on talk sport this morning, Phil brown was on talk sport the other day. Putting 2 and 2 together....

Kevin Davies would be a fantastic signing at this level, I don't see him dropping down to league 2 though. However, I'm sure he's made quite a bit of money over the years and the chance to become a real stand out player somewhere might be attractive to him. Was he at Bolton at the same time Phil was assistant?

Back