• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Put in temporary charge at Chelmsford City and has a chance at the job I'm hearing

SUFC U21 coach, to Chelmsford City caretaker manager? Sounds to me like *cough* a sideways move.

1190659.jpg

SUFC U21 coach, to Chelmsford City caretaker manager? Sounds to me like *cough* a sideways move.

1190659.jpg

Chelmsford have someone higher profile in mind but I can see him turning it down so I think Kev has a chance. City do have big potential. Hawkesy was always an odd appointment IMO, no pedigree in football, he was managing against us in the pope and smith a few seasons back

I'm not surprised as Chelmsford lost 2-0 to concord in the cup last night, my mate went to watch it and said Chelmsford were very very poor, even lee sawyer didn't look interested:unsure:

I think it will be just that....Temporary charge. And when it's sorted, it will be back to normal with his split roles at Chelmsford and Southend.

Would be amazed if Kev went to Chelmo !

Personally I can see him becoming gaffer here at some stage in the future.

Would be amazed if Kev went to Chelmo !

Personally I can see him becoming gaffer here at some stage in the future.
think that may well be a good few years down the line yet, can't see Ron Martin giving him the job if we intend on getting to the championship, he will go for the more experienced manager after brown has had his crack.

Think Gary Hill is who they want but don't think they are going to be able to put together an attractive enough package to get him from Woking. Wouldn't rule out Kev being offered the job, especially if he does well as caretaker

Kev will have to get some senior management under his belt before we could consider him for the Southend job IMO

You mean like Tilson then !

Well it's possible if we are languishing at the bottom of league two with pathetic crowds again but really can't see us being in that position or that desperate again. Obviously Tilson ended up being a great success but it was as case of we couldn't get anyone else at the time

I thought Tilly was brought in temporarily, so we weren't looking for anyone else, as we had our eye on .. * I'm laughing as I'm typing this * :smile: .. Ian Atkins! .. Who was in contract at Oxford United at the time, but Tilly & Brush were so successful that we ditched the former idea.

I thought Tilly was brought in temporarily, so we weren't looking for anyone else, as we had our eye on .. * I'm laughing as I'm typing this * :smile: .. Ian Atkins! .. Who was in contract at Oxford United at the time, but Tilly & Brush were so successful that we ditched the former idea.
Don't forget that Stan Collymore was "about to be appointed" every day for a week or so

Back