• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Kevin Maher not panicking at Southend United's league position

I wouldn’t say panicking but we should be concerned. We are in the relegation zone and it’s about keeping in touch with the clubs above us. Aldershot are picking up results now we need to start picking up points and hope a few others start to lose.

Whilst I’m not panicking I am very concerned, I understand the logic on not panic buying/loaning players. However we know that there is players playing who are not good enough and should be nowhere near the starting line up!

I remember one of our relegation seasons out of the last two people were destroyed for suggesting being concerned about our position so early on. And low and behold we got relegated! We need results and points on the board, not just for our league position, but for the players and most importantly for us long suffering fans!

I'm sure he is concerned. He's not stupid he won't want to be the one who took us down to the NLS, but panicking is the last thing we should want him to be doing. Hopefully we finally have the right structure in place, and as long as Ron doesn't mess it up again by not paying people on time etc., we have to trust in the process that I think will start to turn things round. Much as we all want new players to come in, lets not forget it was this group of players who started the season not too badly. Played well against Stockport, got a decent point against Wrexham etc. God knows what then went wrong but even the current group of players have shown previously they should be good enough to at least keep us up.

Probably because Inside he's head he is singing

The National League, Is upside dow
The National League is upside dow
We're going up, with the Dover and the Lynn,
The National League is upside down..

Probably because Inside he's head he is singing

The National League, Is upside dow
The National League is upside dow
We're going up, with the Dover and the Lynn,
The National League is upside down..

Mmmm......you've been drinking that extra strong coffee again haven't you......

Back