• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperhosk

First XI
Hi After reading the echo i was thinking as King Kev was with us 10years could we get him his testimonial? i hear he Fell out with Tilly so whilst he was in charge he had no chance but surely this True Blue and in my view Legend (still see the FK against QPR) deserves this?

just a thought though what do we think guys & dolls?

His testimonial is still meant to be the opening match at FF, if that ever gets built of course.

At 76, Kevin Maher celebrates his testimonial with a goal at the newly built Ronny Martin's all new Fossetts Farm Soccer Arena.

images.jpg

Think it would be good for him to get the first game from a loyalty point of view but madness from the club from a financial point of view. Depends what is more important.:blush:

I know it was promised several years ago but I doubt it'll be the first game at the new ground, unless it's used as one of the warm up events to earn a safety certificate. Particularly as Sainsburys will want us to move the second the ground is built (obviously that's presuming it ever is built) so we'll likely move mid-season.

Think it would be good for him to get the first game from a loyalty point of view but madness from the club from a financial point of view. Depends what is more important.:blush:

The club. Simples.

I should say I cannot stand Maher, but thats a personal issue, even though he was a rare loyal player.

It took us 13 years to Get Ronnie Pountneys testimonial organised , and then it was the supporters who did it.

Although the original one was called off ,IIRC , because West Ham had a qualifying match for a European competition to play on the date the game was scheduled for

I have been told that Kev was asked about this more recently and given the choice of having one arranged more currently or holding off until Fossetts. He opted for the latter.

Not sure about you, but i would prefer to see the King Kevin testimonial as the last game at Roots Hall and get a reasonable size European side over for the 1st game.. Maybe one of those sides we played in the Anglo Italian? I did hear that the bigger European sides (Madrid, Barca, etc) charge millions for a friendly.

Not sure about you, but i would prefer to see the King Kevin testimonial as the last game at Roots Hall and get a reasonable size European side over for the 1st game.. Maybe one of those sides we played in the Anglo Italian? I did hear that the bigger European sides (Madrid, Barca,* etc) charge millions for a friendly.

I was just thinking that, a southend 11 vs a southend 11 of past and present players would be a perfect way to say goodbye to the Hall.

It took us 13 years to Get Ronnie Pountneys testimonial organised , and then it was the supporters who did it.

Although the original one was called off ,IIRC , because West Ham had a qualifying match for a European competition to play on the date the game was scheduled for

This lightening won't be striking twice!!

King Kev is due to be given his testimonial in July 2008, which will also be the first game of the new Fossetts Farm Stadium...

Uncle Ron confirmed this after we won League 1...

Back