• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Maher

Good luck to him, either he wasn’t valued enough with us or he sees this as a step up the management ladder, further than he could of been with us, wish him all the best:Thumbs up:

Best of luck Kev. See you in a few years, though after the Powell debacle I'm not sure ex-players as managers is a good idea.

What a servant as a player and coach this man has been for SUFC..
Very sad he has left us hopefully on good terms strange that the club has not made some announcement.
Good luck Kev and thanks for the memories

I live in Bristol and was eating at a Wagamamas with the missus and he was sat opposite me with two other coaches from Rovers. Interrupted them to wish him well with his next career choice and just reminded him as to what a Southend legend he is and how much we will miss him, After he finished eating him came over to talk to me and he was just a genuinely nice man. I will miss him greatly, but hopefully get to see him at my local eatery more often!!! :Clap::Hilarious:

Don't know where he fits in at Bristol Rovers

Joe Dunne is Assistant Manager
Lee Mansell Development Squad
Chris Hargreaves is Academy Manager
and
Tommy Widdrington is Head of Recruitment!

Must be doubling up on Assistant Managers

Very poor from the club to have not announced this or wished him luck.

And very poor that they haven't tried to keep hold of him. Our club really are **** when it comes to things like this.

Good Luck Kev, gutted you have had to leave and hope you return one day.

I said on Twitter that what with no goodbye for Kightly, and now Maher, it's like the club are cutting all ties with the past. Kev was a fantastic servant and deserved recognition for that from the club.

Legend.

The decision to put Alan Turing on the back of the £50 note is starting to look rather short sighted now.

Last edited:
Agree with the sentiments about Kev and that maybe the club should have at least announced his departure ad used that as an excuse to formally thank him for his service

I see a big part of what SUEPA is about as trying to redress some of the lack of club acknowledgment in the past of its former players and creating opportunities for all to thank them in the present. I sincerely hope that the club continues to embrace this and indeed re-doubles its efforts to work with us at the Shrimpers Trust on this

Kev is already in SUEPA by the way. A thoroughly good man.

Funny how people have short memories when King Kev started to play for us, Banner above Southbank upper Maher and Martin (Alvin) out, constant booing and treating him and Conlon as lepers everytime they walked on the pitch

Bet many are the same people who are moaning at the club now

Personally the non testimonial was a PR nightmare, one of the nicest guys ever to wear the shirt and lead us to days I never thought would happen in my lifetime

I do honestly believe in years to come, he will be leading from the front as a manager, would I like him back at Roots Hall probably not, like Powell the relationship could become toxic, so good luck Kevin wherever you go next and I will follow your career with interest, think Cowley Bros will have competition now for the New Young guns on the scene

Funny how people have short memories when King Kev started to play for us, Banner above Southbank upper Maher and Martin (Alvin) out, constant booing and treating him and Conlon as lepers everytime they walked on the pitch

Bet many are the same people who are moaning at the club now

Personally the non testimonial was a PR nightmare, one of the nicest guys ever to wear the shirt and lead us to days I never thought would happen in my lifetime

I do honestly believe in years to come, he will be leading from the front as a manager, would I like him back at Roots Hall probably not, like Powell the relationship could become toxic, so good luck Kevin wherever you go next and I will follow your career with interest, think Cowley Bros will have competition now for the New Young guns on the scene

Surely you mean back at FF. Roots Hall would have been turned into a museum celebrating footballing greats by then

During the one game when Ricky Duncan was in charge, it was Maher making all the noise and doing all the coaching from the side wile Duncan just stood there statue-like in his technical area. It was kev who led (and ensured) the team went round for applause after, you could see how much the defeat hurt. Wish him well.

Back