• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrB

Life President
At 382 appearances our Kev is currently 5th in the all time list. 38 appearances next season would lift him above Ron Pountney and Tony Bentley to 3rd place which would be a remarkably achievement in the current footballing climate.

124 more appearances needed to equal Alan Moody's overall record. Turning 30 in October that looks pretty catchable.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ May 28 2006,13:51)]At 382 appearances our Kev is currently 5th in the all time list.  38 appearances next season would lift him above Ron Pountney and Tony Bentley to 3rd place which would be a remarkably achievement in the current footballing climate.

124 more appearances needed to equal Alan Moody's overall record.  Turning 30 in October that looks pretty catchable.
He'd be there already without all the suspensions then !

Not sure what's special about the "current footballing climate" that makes it more remarkable than Ronnie (and Tony Bentley).

I think he's suggesting to perceived lack of loyalty by many professional footballers these days which, I have to admit, hasn't really differed much for 30 years ago. Perhaps the staggering salaries and fees involved have made such lack of loyalty appear more widespread than before?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ May 28 2006,14:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ May 28 2006,13:51)]At 382 appearances our Kev is currently 5th in the all time list.  38 appearances next season would lift him above Ron Pountney and Tony Bentley to 3rd place which would be a remarkably achievement in the current footballing climate.

124 more appearances needed to equal Alan Moody's overall record.  Turning 30 in October that looks pretty catchable.
He'd be there already without all the suspensions then !

Not sure what's special about the "current footballing climate" that makes it more remarkable than Ronnie (and Tony Bentley).
Back in their days there were far more one club players.

I'm not demeaning Bentley or Poutney's achievements but not many players these days play over 400 games for one club.

I think the days of players playing 800 games for one club (Terry Paine, Roy Sproson, John Trollope) are long gone.

I think you'll occaisionally get the odd player who'll play his entire career out at one club, but they've always been the exception rather than the rule anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ May 28 2006,17:46)]I think the days of players playing 800 games for one club (Terry Paine, Roy Sproson, John Trollope) are long gone.
let's hope kev knows when time is time eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ June 27 2006,10:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ May 28 2006,17:46)]I think the days of players playing 800 games for one club (Terry Paine, Roy Sproson, John Trollope) are long gone.
Give it a rest, lets hope you know when to stop eating!!

alien.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ June 27 2006,11:24)]
[b said:
[b said:

alien.gif
where were you this weekend.. i had a spare ticket as well

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ June 27 2006,11:42)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

alien.gif

rock.gif
You on a wind up, you didnt call me??

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ June 27 2006,11:44)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

alien.gif

rock.gif

glare.gif
the ticket became available saturday night.. when i was already there..

but, i think i may have more spares for this weekend or semi's etc..

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

alien.gif
Classic
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ June 27 2006,11:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

alien.gif

rock.gif

glare.gif

How much for semi's ticket?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ June 27 2006,11:49)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

alien.gif
Classic  
laugh.gif
pot calling a kettle black comes to mind..

both of you are rather rotund..

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ June 27 2006,11:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ June 27 2006,11:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

alien.gif

rock.gif

glare.gif

How much for semi's ticket?

rock.gif
probably alot but not sure if i've got them yet..

cracking weekend though, magners on tap in 2 1/2 pint jugs
smile.gif

up for the 20/20 sufc_stu? smiffy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back