• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Maher

Kevin Maher - Which are you?

• Maher lover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maher hater

• who is he?

• Total voters

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
as the board always seems to be riddled with this debate. Let's work out whether he is a hero or a villain.

The answer will be fact and no more opinions will be allowed following the result.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Aug. 27 2004,17:08)]Where's the in between option?
That's what the who is he doctrine was supposed to solve. We'll have no fence-sitters here though. Love him or hate him.

Think of the love hate spectrum with an imaginary indifference point. This point can not be chosen so think of which side of it you are.

Also, on playforyourclub, I'm playing for Witton. They seem like a nice bunch and already I've moved them up 18 places. Let's get them promoted! (then probably leave them and go and play for Southend, resulting in them getting the worst league finish on PFYC record)

Maher does his job which at times cant be said for the rest of the team. And that does include wayne gray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Aug. 27 2004,17:29)]Maher does his job which at times cant be said for the rest of the team. And that does include wayne gray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
I dont see what Wayne Gray has done majorly wrong this season for us lets not forget he won and scored the penalty against Lincoln, our ONLY goal of the season which therefore makes him our top scorer
rock.gif

The worrying thing is that the penalty at Lincoln was a very debatable decision and if it had gone against us then we would have NIL in our "Goals For" column ...

WS

It wont be NIL much longer. You wait, after tonight at Bristol there will be 3 fresh goals sitting in the FOR column, I'm certain of it ........................I hope

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazza @ Aug. 27 2004,19:13)]It wont be NIL much longer. You wait, after tonight at Bristol there will be 3 fresh goals sitting in the FOR column, I'm certain of it ........................I hope
"Faith is being certain of what we hope for" Hebrews 11.1

I voted "for" king Kev, because despite his dalliance during the closed season, he has been a faithful servant to the club for many years. He's a consistent performer on the field of play and deserves to be recognised for that!
wink.gif

He is an important part of the team and I still believe that despite our lowly position, that he will be a key member of our squad in the months to come and help us move up the table!

I hear some murmurings that some of you would gladly accept a mid-table finish now [at the end of the season!], but I personally have not lost any faith in our management or squad and I think tonight, we have turned the corner and will start to get the results we crave!
wink.gif
cool.gif

what I could see Maher was by far the best player in the SUFC team, a great captain with the right attitude and he can play a bit of football too...

Was very disapointed with Gower. he lost the ball every time he got it, didn't help the rest of the lads, hopefully it was a one off
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Was very disapointed with Gower. he lost the ball every time he got it, didn't help the rest of the lads, hopefully it was a one off

From what I've seen of Gower this season, its proving not to be a one off
sad.gif

Anyway, back to the topic, I think King Kev is a SUFC Legend. He always gives 100% whether it being going forward or backwards, good tackler, passes the ball well, shows composure on the ball. Without him Southend tend to play poor. Yes he does get needless bookings for dissent but that shows his commitment to the cause.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Aug. 28 2004,00:54)]Anyway, back to the topic, I think King Kev is a SUFC Legend. He always gives 100% whether it being going forward or backwards,
How about sideways?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrianSUFC @ Aug. 28 2004,00:45)]what I could see Maher was by far the best player in the SUFC team, a great captain with the right attitude and he can play a bit of football too...

Was very disapointed with Gower. he lost the ball every time he got it, didn't help the rest of the lads, hopefully it was a one off
smile.gif
You picked a good match to go to Brian, even if we lost. And it's a shame about Gower, he has such potential.

Maher is a good player, but sometimes he doesn't seem to wont to get his head up and go for a better pass. Sure sometimes even Viera and that sort have to lay it off, but surely even at this skill level not every single ball should go to the side or back?

Back