• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Maher

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
With most of the Oldham fans on 606 predicting a very comfortable win for us today, one of them mentioned that Kev's contract with them is up this summer. Poor old bloke, hope he finds something else if that's the case, and I do, really hope that he's down for Spinner's testimonial.

Sign him up!
Would love to see him at Roots Hall again one day, a proper legend, lovely bloke. For me he is very similar to Christophe but JFC can't do some of the 40 yard passes Kev could. I have always wondered whether Tilly would have released him if he knew Bailey would leave.
Long live King Kev!

He never looked right in another kit
0,,10416~3621152,00.jpg

and
Kevin-Maher-Oldham_1866128.jpg

He never looked right in another kit
Kevin-Maher-Oldham_1866128.jpg

He like that kit, he looks like a lolly pop lady

There were times this season where we we crying out for someone like Maher, I was admittedly one of his critics at times but I would rather have Maher playing than Robert Milsom !!!

He had a good game today especially in the first half. He rarely wasted a ball and kept Oldham ticking over.

In the second half we substituted Freedman with Barnard, with him dropping into midfield at times and wrestling the game away from Oldham.

If they don't renew his contract and we aren't interested I will be gutted. He is an influential player to have in our, quite young side. Will have to talk to him at Spinners testimonial if he's there!

Think he may finally end up at Gillingham this summer especially if they get promoted!

Surprised to hear this. Is it a cost cutting exercise or has his form declined to the point where he is just not good enough to play League 1 football anymore?

One thing for sure is that he will not be coming back to Southend again.

Thats a real shame, Maher is a proper Southend legend.

Hope he finds another Club ASAP.

Is a shame, I imagine he'll come back down this way now

Possibly to Gillingham if they come up

I'd doubt Stimpson would want him now after he mucked them about last summer.

Absolutely right. Why would Stimmo want him now? He had the opportunity to sign for them after being there on loan and then mucked them about before signing for Oldham.

Maher was a top class player at Southend but never too impressed with him as a bloke I have to say.

Back