• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Latest thing coming via the clubs website is this kick it out thing, now I am all for not having racism etc.... BUT why when articals below are shoved down our throat for me this is just more PC diversity rubbish that creates more barriers then it solves

We are a tolerant country one of the most in the world yet time and time again we are told we must be more diverse etc... I don't see how we can be any more diverse?!? Here is the artical.....

Do you want to be a journalist? Here's your chance, with Kick It Out.
Kick It Out and the Football Supporters’ Federation (FSF) are giving aspiring journalists the chance to earn two paid freelance contracts in a competition launched through their joint ‘Fans for Diversity’ campaign.

The ‘Fans for Diversity’ campaign, headed up by Dagenham and Redbridge legend Anwar Uddin, launched in March 2014 and encourages fan-led activity in promoting inclusivity, equality and diversity through the power of football.

The freelance contracts cover the submission of five written articles each for a total of £500 per person, and will include reporting on ‘Fans for Diversity’ events and putting together comment pieces focusing on the work of Kick It Out and the FSF.

The competition has a deadline of Friday 20th March 2015 for final submissions. CVs are also required to accompany entries. Once the deadline has passed, six candidates will be selected to enter the final stage.

An interview process will then be led by a panel of judges, made up of representatives from Kick It Out and the FSF, plus two national newspaper journalists, to select the winning entries.

A mentor will also be assigned to each of the winners so that they can seek advice and guidance. Those entries which do not win the competition will be taken into consideration for publication on www.kickitout.org <http://www.kickitout.org> and www.fsf.org.uk <http://www.fsf.org.uk> .

How do I enter?

To enter the competition, we are looking for you to send in a 600-800 word comment piece which focuses on the themes of football, fans and diversity, and references the work of the ‘Fans for Diversity’ campaign.

All entries must be sent to info@kickitout.org with your CV by Friday 20th March 2015. If you would like to find out more about the competition, please feel free to call us on 0207 253 0162.

Best of luck to everybody that enters!

In what way is it being shoved down your throat? The campaign is fairly low key I would have said.

Think back to Luton - there are a lot of Asian families living right next to the ground and how many Asians did you see inside the ground? If they can crack that market it is more punters through the gate. Football crowds are generally not ethnically diverse and that is missing out on a pool of revenue through the door and a pool of talent on the pitch.

Whilst there are cocks out in the world that feel being gay is wrong and couldnot happen to their family, then it's a good idea.

UTS

Racism is a natural reaction to tidal waves of immigrants and migrants entering our country. Taking jobs and overloading services. Racism is how some people vent their frustration at being left out of the discussion, while watching the soul of their nation change. It comes from an ancient essential need to preserve their patch as is. Groups like kick racism out of football don't understand the other side of the coin. Personally I don't want to live in a multicultural society. I once lived free from multiculturalism and it was a far better living experience then than it is now. And I will do all I can to reverse that situation and halt the advance of a way of life I do not want.

Racism is a natural reaction to tidal waves of immigrants and migrants entering our country. Taking jobs and overloading services. Racism is how some people vent their frustration at being left out of the discussion, while watching the soul of their nation change. It comes from an ancient essential need to preserve their patch as is. Groups like kick racism out of football don't understand the other side of the coin. Personally I don't want to live in a multicultural society. I once lived free from multiculturalism and it was a far better living experience then than it is now. And I will do all I can to reverse that situation and halt the advance of a way of life I do not want.
Let me know when you find any part of the world that fits your needs - I'll be surprised if it exists anywhere that you would want to exist. The rest of us can get on with living in the real world and in the real world football is encouraging more punters through the door. If that means you don't walk through that same door then you can always just check the scores online and wish us well.

Personally I like Diversity and think they are an extremely hard working and talented group of lads.
But if it means they're going to take over from the Bluebells , then I'm not having it !

U wot mate?

Immigration is a convenient excuse for people to vocalise their intolerance and prejudice in a way where they can say 'I'm not racist, but...'

Using dehumanising terms like 'tidal waves' is just one example.

There is an economic debate to be had about immigration, but many people, including right wing parties, are using it as a way to allow racism to go unchecked because it's all done with a nod and a wink.

Last edited:

I never get the sense of entitlement some people get just because they are fortunate enough to be born in this country. Most immigrants work very hard to get here and improve their lives, what makes you more worthy than them? IMO most of the people who moan about immigrants taking jobs aren’t willing to work half as hard as them and expect everything on a plate. Work and you get the rewards, simple.

I could be wrong. But I believe Diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Seriously though, I don't see too many black or Asian fans supporting Southend and evidence suggests this is the same across the country. The UK may be a diverse society, which is excellent, but football is lagging behind so perhaps this is needed.

Latest thing coming via the clubs website is this kick it out thing, now I am all for not having racism etc.... BUT why when articals below are shoved down our throat for me this is just more PC diversity rubbish that creates more barriers then it solves

We are a tolerant country one of the most in the world yet time and time again we are told we must be more diverse etc... I don't see how we can be any more diverse?!? Here is the artical.....

It's needed because of views like this:

ARTICLE REMOVED

Best of luck to everybody that enters!

I agree that the UK is a lot more diverse and welcoming that most other nations (look at Croatia/Serbia for examples of how NOT to treat black people) but that doesn't mean we should stop there.

The day that there are gay footballers openly out of the closet and there is no need for groups like Britain First and their ilk, that will be the day that these campaigns are no longer needed.

Fifteen/thirty second advert gets in the way (coming over here, grabbing our bandwidth) but you'll love this I guarantee it...

[video=dailymotion;x23yv5y]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23yv5y_stewart-lee-on-immigration-paul-nuttall-and-ukip_fun[/video]

How the **** can a Southend fan say their life hasn't been enriched by watching the likes of Stan Collymore, Freddy Eastwood, Barry Corr and Chris Powell?

Diversity is good as is equal opportunities, but I don't like is pro discrimination.

e.g. Women only lists for mp selection, less qualified ethic minorities being selected for jobs over those who are better equipped, the black music awards, Tom Jones outwardly pro Wesh on The voice (if the English judges done this there would be an outcry!), muslim parliment for Britian, Black police federation, women only business or fitness groups (what if men had the audacity to do this?) etc.

Equal opportunites should be for all not the select few.

taken from stormfront.org

A small selection on Black/Asian only organizations:

Black people's mental health association
Black and Asian therapists online
National BME mental health network
Federation of Black housing organizations
The Black Londoners forum
The Black Police association
Positive action in Housing
Asianfaces.co.uk,Asian modelling service
Society of Black lawyers,London
Society of Asian lawyers,London
BlackLawyersDirectory.com
asianjobsite.co.uk
BlackandAsiangrad.ac.uk
Ethnic media Group
Al-Nisa Muslim Women&#8217;s Group
Al-Nur Muslim Women&#8217;s Association
Antrim Chinese Community Association
Barnardos Chinese Lay Health Project
Chinese Welfare Association
The Windsor Fellowship
Sponsors for Educational opportunity,(SEO)London
BlackBritain.co.uk
EthnicBritain.co.uk
emjobsite.co.uk
Link Net Mentoring
Suga fix media arts
Sussex Black police Association
The National Black Writers and Artist Association
Black students Association
UK Black teachers Association
Black UK online
Ashiana Housing Association Ltd.
UK Asian business directory
Asian People's Disability alliance
Asian arts agency
Black Enterprise awards
BlackEngineer.com
AIM magazine
Natwest Bank (Asian Entrepreneurs Unit)
Asian Voice
Black womens rape action Project,BWRAP,London
The Drum,African,asian arts venue,Birmingham
Black training and enterprise group
UK Black Pride
Ethnic Minority Foundation,London
Oshwal Elderly Welfare Association,Surrey
Ethnic Minority and Black Regional Action for Community Empowerment (EMBRACE),Birmingham
MENTER,Regional network for Black / Minority Ethnic (BME) voluntary organisations
Black and Minority Ethnic Elders Group,Scotland
Latin American elderly project,London
Latin American golden years day centre
Naz project London,Sexual health & AIDS prevention(NPL)
The Black Fundraisers Network,London
Black Arts Alliance,Manchester
Southall Black sisters,Middlesex
Black student union
Dudley Black regeneration council
Black Professional events,events planners
Black Health Agency,Manchester
National Association for the advancement of Black people,
African Caribbean Development agency (ACDA)
African caribbean education and training services (ACETS)
Amaani Tallawah mental health support services,Nottingham
APNA arts,Nottingham
Asian day centre,Nottingham
Broxtowe African Caribbean Elders group
BUILD Nottingham Mentor project
Calabash supplementory school
Afrik-African International Network,Nottingham
Asian mens group
Somerset Black development agency (SBDA)
Black families education support group,Bath & somerset

Now lets take a look at the white only groups:

National Front
British National Party
British First Party
England First Party

Does this seem like inequality to anyone else?

By the way I do not support any of the 'so called' white only organsistions listed but do believe that equal opportunity and respect should apply to all!

Of course but should efforts not be focused on better educating other nations then?

Interesting thought, but considering our overseas aid packages are being cut and there is a significant number against any overseas aid, I would have thought that spending more money on educating other countries on diversity, would not be a particularly popular option.

I see these campaigns as a sad reflection that there is still the need to educate our supposedly educated society. To be honest anyone out there who feels it is being "rammed down their throats" is likely to be who the campaign is actually aimed at.

Diversity is good as is equal opportunities, but I don't like is pro discrimination.

e.g. Women only lists for mp selection, less qualified ethic minorities being selected for jobs over those who are better equipped, the black music awards, Tom Jones outwardly pro Wesh on The voice (if the English judges done this there would be an outcry!), muslim parliment for Britian, Black police federation, women only business or fitness groups (what if men had the audacity to do this?) etc.

Equal opportunites should be for all not the select few.

taken from stormfront.org

A small selection on Black/Asian only organizations:

Black people's mental health association
Black and Asian therapists online
National BME mental health network
Federation of Black housing organizations
The Black Londoners forum
The Black Police association
Positive action in Housing
Asianfaces.co.uk,Asian modelling service
Society of Black lawyers,London
Society of Asian lawyers,London
BlackLawyersDirectory.com
asianjobsite.co.uk
BlackandAsiangrad.ac.uk
Ethnic media Group
Al-Nisa Muslim Women&#8217;s Group
Al-Nur Muslim Women&#8217;s Association
Antrim Chinese Community Association
Barnardos Chinese Lay Health Project
Chinese Welfare Association
The Windsor Fellowship
Sponsors for Educational opportunity,(SEO)London
BlackBritain.co.uk
EthnicBritain.co.uk
emjobsite.co.uk
Link Net Mentoring
Suga fix media arts
Sussex Black police Association
The National Black Writers and Artist Association
Black students Association
UK Black teachers Association
Black UK online
Ashiana Housing Association Ltd.
UK Asian business directory
Asian People's Disability alliance
Asian arts agency
Black Enterprise awards
BlackEngineer.com
AIM magazine
Natwest Bank (Asian Entrepreneurs Unit)
Asian Voice
Black womens rape action Project,BWRAP,London
The Drum,African,asian arts venue,Birmingham
Black training and enterprise group
UK Black Pride
Ethnic Minority Foundation,London
Oshwal Elderly Welfare Association,Surrey
Ethnic Minority and Black Regional Action for Community Empowerment (EMBRACE),Birmingham
MENTER,Regional network for Black / Minority Ethnic (BME) voluntary organisations
Black and Minority Ethnic Elders Group,Scotland
Latin American elderly project,London
Latin American golden years day centre
Naz project London,Sexual health & AIDS prevention(NPL)
The Black Fundraisers Network,London
Black Arts Alliance,Manchester
Southall Black sisters,Middlesex
Black student union
Dudley Black regeneration council
Black Professional events,events planners
Black Health Agency,Manchester
National Association for the advancement of Black people,
African Caribbean Development agency (ACDA)
African caribbean education and training services (ACETS)
Amaani Tallawah mental health support services,Nottingham
APNA arts,Nottingham
Asian day centre,Nottingham
Broxtowe African Caribbean Elders group
BUILD Nottingham Mentor project
Calabash supplementory school
Afrik-African International Network,Nottingham
Asian mens group
Somerset Black development agency (SBDA)
Black families education support group,Bath & somerset

Now lets take a look at the white only groups:

National Front
British National Party
British First Party
England First Party

Does this seem like inequality to anyone else?

By the way I do not support any of the 'so called' white only organsistions listed but do believe that equal opportunity and respect should apply to all!

If anyone applies to join any organisation and it is refused due to their ethnicity that is breaking the law , so equality does apply.
Because certain groups like to socialise together it does not make unequal, Look at the Masons, Rotary clubs, conservative associations, Women's institutes across the country, hardly the hotbed of multiculturalism yet anyone can join.

By the way you might want to add Stormfront (the providers of that list) to the organisations in the white only group as they label themselves as White Nationalists .
Given the source of the list , I doubt it is going to be particularly well balanced

Back