• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — With a malevolent laugh, the leader of Nigeria's Islamic extremists tells the world that more than 200 kidnapped schoolgirls have all been converted to Islam and married off, dashing hopes for their freedom.

"If you knew the state your daughters are in today, it might lead some of you ... to die from grief," Abubakar Shekau sneers, addressing the parents of the girls and young women kidnapped from a remote boarding school more than six months ago.

In a new video released late Friday night, the Boko Haram leader also denies there is a cease-fire with the Nigerian government and threatens to kill an unidentified German hostage.

"Don't you know we are still holding your German hostage (who is) always crying," he taunts. "If we want, we will hack him or slaughter him or shoot him."He said Boko Haram is interested only in "battle, hitting, striking and killing with the gun, which we look forward to like a tasty meal," he said.

And the only news of the girls has come from Shekau, who appeared to dash hopes that they would be released in an exchange for detained Boko Haram fighters.

"The issue of the girls is long forgotten because I have long ago married them off," Shekau says with a chortle. The extremist fighters have ordered girls to stay out of Western-style schools and get married. Boko Haram is a nickname meaning "Western education is sinful" in the Hausa language.

An earlier video in May showed some of the kidnapped girls, including two explaining why they had converted to Islam. Unconfirmed reports have indicated the girls have been divided into groups and that some have been carried across borders, into Cameroon and Chad. There also have been reports that they were forced to marry fighters who paid a nominal bride price equivalent to $12.

Some 276 girls and young women were kidnapped in the early hours of April 15 from a boarding school in the remote town of Chibok. Dozens escaped on their own in the first couple of days but 219 remain missing.

I really feel for these girls. Forced to live a life from their family, friends and home. Forced into a religion with dire consequences if they reject it. Forced marriage. And of course, they will be raped by their new husband, and forced to have sex whenever he feels like it. Some reports say they may already have been raped by the soldiers. Most of these are just young girls for Gods sake.

This is an awful situation, of course, there is no way of knowing if he is telling the truth or not, but their total disregard for the rights of their victims and their cavalier attitude towards them suggests to me, that there is something in what he is saying. I feel so sorry for the girls and their families who are both equally helpless.

Someone just pointed out to me that as it's Nigeria, they will also suffer female genital mutilation in preparation for their marriage.
It just gets worse.

I think is absolutely shocking and little has been done by the international community to help bring these girls home. FGM is normally performed much younger than 16 but nevertheless I suspect most if these girls will have subjected to some form of abuse. I feels for those families. Imagine if it had happened in this country?

I think is absolutely shocking and little has been done by the international community to help bring these girls home. FGM is normally performed much younger than 16 but nevertheless I suspect most if these girls will have subjected to some form of abuse. I feels for those families. Imagine if it had happened in this country?

Yes if they were already following that religion. But as they were not, and have now been converted, they will now have that barbaric thing done to them.

Sometimes I just cannot fathom out why one human being would bestow cruelty on another human being.
I think this is terrible these girls being taken away from their families. Sometimes we just do not realise how life here is so good in comparisons to others,
FGM is an awful procedure for any girl I cannot imagine what they must be going through

Back