• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kids with music blaring out there mobile phones

Davros

The Whippet
On the street, in the park, and most annoyingly on public transport... when will it stop!

Discuss!

Pet hate of mine too. I hate being forced to listen to other people talking ****e on their phones as it is on public transport, let alone their tinny music too.

It baffles me why people do it; it's barely audible, the sound quality is rubbish and you're presuming it's going to impress someone. Its always substandard R+B too, so who's going to be impressed by Sean Paul is anyones guess.

I sound like an old ******* reading that back, but it is a really annoying trend thats emerging lately

I hate it!

There was a load of really annoying little girly's at the train station the other day, blaring out some really crap tune on their mobile phone and just generally being loud and irritating, I walked past some bloke and said "has anyone got a shotgun?"

:guns: :guns:

See you have to say something and confront them, I cant stand the Rap **** they listen to swel... they may look like mean kids but they soon shut the f*ck up, or sometimes they give it the big one in front of there mates and then run when you start getting lairy!

Maybe I can get away with it though because the way I look ... like a sexy beast =/

Its extremely frustrating mainly because the music is pants! Whats wrong with headphones?

I was knocking out some z's on the train tonight when my slumbers were disturbed by some f*cking tuneless bloody dirge played at 40 sodding decibels, I was close to strangling the miscreant, but he got off the train before my thumbs could close on his windpipe.:fury:

I hate this as well.

why listen to songs in digital stereo when you can blare them out of your mobile phones solo 5 watt speaker?

Seen countless groups of chavs swaggering up the highstreet trying to look cool with Akon ft Eminem as their tinny soundtrack.

LOL! I'll stop walking down Somerset Avenue with MCR - Teenagers playing, then!

Until people start taking direct action and begin chucking the phones out the window we'll all be British and suffer this in silence. Commuting is a **** deal as it is...if it's not knackered seats and sweaty fat geezers it's the chavs.

BAH

Until people start taking direct action and begin chucking the phones out the window we'll all be British and suffer this in silence. Commuting is a **** deal as it is...if it's not knackered seats and sweaty fat geezers it's the chavs.

BAH

Young women holding rambling, loud, pointless conversations cause me the most upset on trains.

It's the same for the morons who drive along in their Fiesta 1.0 / Vauxhall Nova which has had so much body kit put on it can hardly reach 50mph - look lads, I don't want to hear your sh!t music so if you want to play it at unreasonable volumes, shut your bloody windows!

The next time this happens I'm gonna confiscate the offending piece of equipment and make them beg me to get it back.

And not that I care what happens to them but it screams out to thieves, look I have a phone that can play mp3's....they're generally the newer, better models that have the bettr players.

You might as well just hand it over to save the hassle.

Morons.

Young women holding rambling, loud, pointless conversations cause me the most upset on trains.

Yes, usually involving lists-

"Yeah I had two Bacardi Breezers (pause), three vodka mudshakes (pause), two bottle of red square (pause)- no wait, hang on that was three Bacardi Breezers (screeches). So I had three Bacardi Breezers (pause), three vodka mudshakes although I left some of the third (pause) and two bottles of red square. I think that was it- no wait! I must of had a Smirnoff Black Ice in between the red squares because that bloke Dave bought me one- you remember (screeches). (still excited) Hang on, hang on- I also had two glasses of white wine at home before we went out!!! (screeches) So I must of had, two glasses of white wine (pause), three bacardi breezers (pause), (extra careful) two vodka mudshakes, one smirnoff black ice and one vodka mudshake. Yes that's it- oh no I fogrot the red squares (screeches), but I'm sure I had an Archers Aqua Peach last night, I'm positive I had one. It must of been after the Bacradi Breezers- do you remember Trace? So, I'll get it right this time- it must of been two Bacardi Breezers, one Archers Aqua Peach etc. etc. etc."

Other such lists involve holidays destinations, old school friends, **** films, childrens names,

Other such lists involve holidays destinations, old school friends, **** films, childrens names,

Work colleagues are another favourite. "She's such a bitch", "She f***ing hates me", etc. etc.

They also seem to have strong opinions about how companies should be run. It seems that a lot of temporary clerical workers are actually frustrated captains of the financial sector, shackled by old school sexist attitudes and unable to break through the glass ceiling.

These girls can travel 40 minutes each way from Benfleet 5 days a week, barely take a breath between sentences and yet not exchange any new or useful information between them. Ever.

There is also a weird group dynamic in which one of the women is more dominant (we'll call her the Alpha female) and does around 80% of the talking/bitching/moaning and the rest of the group spend their time listening and uttering short phrases of agreement.

Back