• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kiernan hopes to get nod in defence, despite increased competition

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United new boy Rob Kiernan hopes to have done enough to keep his place in the side for tomorrow night’s clash with Fleetwood Town at Roots Hall.

More...

Quote "I’ve played at Roots Hall before and the fans are quite close to the pitch which creates a loud environment which makes it tough for away teams."

:whistling::whistling: :net:

Didnt put at foot wrong at Burton, but then again Thompson & Prosser more so have been good on the whole so a tough choice for the tanned one

Didnt put at foot wrong at Burton, but then again Thompson & Prosser more so have been good on the whole so a tough choice for the tanned one
I think I read somewhere that Thompson is injured for the game tomorrow

Should really keep same centre back pairing as at Burton. Maybe then Prosser will get the message that picking up needless bookings/bans could cost him his place in the starting 11

Injured as already said, but has he actually been that good ?

Done ok but beaten in the air a few times to many for my liking.

I would keep the centre back pairing we had at Burton.Looked pretty solid.Nice to have a bit of competition for places

Did you miss the bit where he let a high ball bounce, and also when he got run at and turned and then went down with cramp with 15mins to go?

[video=youtube;4WFVRMTX_uA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WFVRMTX_uA[/video]

Don't get me wrong, I think he looks a decent player, and I'd probably keep him in the team - but he'll get a tough game tonight and probably won't get as much protection if we decide to be more attacking.

After a win, PB 9 times out of 10, stays with the same team
Unchanged, and a tough night ahead

Did you miss the bit where he let a high ball bounce, and also when he got run at and turned and then went down with cramp with 15mins to go?

[video=youtube;4WFVRMTX_uA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WFVRMTX_uA[/video]

Don't get me wrong, I think he looks a decent player, and I'd probably keep him in the team - but he'll get a tough game tonight and probably won't get as much protection if we decide to be more attacking.

Just watched that again, did anyone else spot that after that dreadful tackle Billy Kee spits at Ben Coker? Glad the dirty git got sent off, should have been a straight red!

Not great dealing with the high ball, but wouldn't say he got turned there he always had did body between the play and the far side of the goal and the striker didn't take it past him.

Just watched that again, did anyone else spot that after that dreadful tackle Billy Kee spits at Ben Coker? Glad the dirty git got sent off, should have been a straight red!

At him or just happens to be facing Coker when he spits? Didn't seem to go anywhere near Coker. Still a poor tackle.

Back