• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Kiernan set for Blues comeback

Everything crossed that he gets through this and we see him in the first team this season.

Having Moore, Lennon and Kiernan as our main 3 centre backs to choose from would be excellent!

Hope he gets through ok - probably need a few more games before we see him in the first team.

Really feel for the guy, as must have been very frustrating

Hopefully if him.and Lennon who I'd assume will play Tuesday too have a good game then I'd start with either over Turner next week alongside Moore.

I assume there was nobody else left to fill the bench. He wasn't even involved with the other subs at half time. But bizarrely he was the one who summoned Wabbo from his warm up when he came on.

I assume there was nobody else left to fill the bench. He wasn't even involved with the other subs at half time. But bizarrely he was the one who summoned Wabbo from his warm up when he came on.

I have a feeling this is because he is, as @fbm has said elsewhere, a vocal leader and it may well have been him geeing them up at half time.

Hopefully if him.and Lennon who I'd assume will play Tuesday too have a good game then I'd start with either over Turner next week alongside Moore.

I think with Kiernan they will be very, very careful. We have him for another season and if this really does sort his issues out, he will be the WOW signing Brown promised, He's the best centre back in the club, no question.

Incidentally, our subs always get a bit of applause when they come and warm up in front of the East Blacks. He didn't, because no-one knew who the **** he was!

We may have to be a little patient for some time. Probably need quite a bit of careful managing back.. In truth perhaps Kiernan himself as well as us wont really know about his abilities, until prime match fitness time has been reached, and that may not be this season, I also saw Lennon play in the games for us and waited to be impressed. Maybe too much "hype" might not be good for them or us?

At least he shouldn’t be tired - I trust they have coaxed him back gently so far and game or two would just bring extra sharpness.

Would have been interesting if Turner and Moore hadn’t been able to finish the game on Saturday! Would he have been risked !

Having Moore, Lennon and Kiernan as our main 3 centre backs to choose from would be excellent!
If by some miracle we had them all playing to their capabilities , then if we were playing 442 I would seriously consider Moore as centre mid

If by some miracle we had them all playing to their capabilities , then if we were playing 442 I would seriously consider Moore as centre mid

Yep, we've said the same as this - a fit Lennon and Kiernan at CB and Moore just in front of them. He likes to get forward and looks for passes, could work well.

First good bit of news to come out of the Club in a very, very long time.

Hopefully he comes through unscathed and gets back in the first team by the end of the season. If he makes it, probably be the biggest plus of an absymal season.

Not happy with Cox's contract extension then?

Not happy with Cox's contract extension then?

Forgotten about that to be fair, but not surprised that wasn’t picked up until after the weekend.

The “extension” was because of a clause triggered in the deal he signed last summer.

Everything crossed that he gets through this and we see him in the first team this season.

I think we'll see him in the first team this season - but it'll be a 2 minute run out to boost his morale.

Tuesday?

ps Kiernan is unlikely to play 90 minutes today.

Kiernan and Lennon start today’s reserve game against MK.

Really hope Kiernan gets through all of this and can put this behind him. Great moment for him just being in the squad on Saturday. Get through this with no real knocks and he'll be absolutely buzzing no doubt. Here's hoping

Back