• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Read in the Daily Mail ( yes I know most of what they print is garbage ) that Kiernan is close to joining Brentford on loan.
If correct , it obviously scuppers him coming back to us , but that aside , I think it's a good move for him assuming he can get some game time.

Good move for him, he was at Brentford while Uwe Rosler was there so it could be the Daily Mail putting 2 and 2 together. Guessing they want to see how he does at a top League 1 team and with his contract running out at the end of the season (I think) they need to decide if they want to keep him or not.

Although if Wigan gain promotion, I doubt they would keep him and hopefully we could snatch him up if we gain promotion.

Always good to go to a team who are flying. Brentford are the team of any league at the moment, and they've just had a new ground approved...

Would be surprised at this as it was Rosler who had him on loan at Brentford the last time and that's the reason he wanted him back at Wigan.

I'm sure we knew he wasn't going to come back here. Maybe why we went for Thompson as our next best option.

I read an article from the Brentford's local paper that said he would be going as back up for Harlee Dean and Tony Craig.

Last edited:
So what Rossler has done is take a player back from us to send him back out on loan to his old club. Cheers mate.

As I said , good for the lad if he gets some game time , but barring injuries / suspensions , I doubt Brentford will disrupt what they have right now.

I didnt think you could sign a player a second time in one season after he has been on a 93 day emergency loan?

Always good to go to a team who are flying. Brentford are the team of any league at the moment, and they've just had a new ground approved...

.... so did we about 10 years ago !!!

A team who are flying and have a certain Irishman featuring strongly in their playing side! :smile:

All about increasing his experience at a higher level and seeing how he copes with a view to renewing his contract and failing that raising his profile and potential transfer value if Wigan don't want to keep him. I would have thought it makes perfect business sense.

Back