• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kightly announces retirement from professional football

Yep, this so true of players whose single best attribute is their pace. Kightly was absolutely rapid when he was at Wolves. Owen and Torres are the best examples of going downhill rapidly once their pace was gone.

So what happened with Kights? An announcement was 'imminent' a week ago and then... nothing. Anyone have any insights to share please?

So what happened with Kights? An announcement was 'imminent' a week ago and then... nothing. Anyone have any insights to share please?

All I know is Stephen Humphrys has claimed the number 7 shirt, he wore it at Dagenham on Saturday and Chris Phillips has confirmed that will definitly be his number this coming seaoon

I am pretty sure I saw him waiting impatiently for a newsagent to open at 6am this morning.

Last edited:

From what Tamplin is tweeting I'd say it wasn't happening. He's only tweeting about a striker now. Think he is a bit of a child who gets excited and spouts off about things well before they are finalised.

From what Tamplin is tweeting I'd say it wasn't happening. He's only tweeting about a striker now. Think he is a bit of a child who gets excited and spouts off about things well before they are finalised.

He'd do well on here then. :ROFL:

Charlton at home springs to mind.

I don't think people are poking fun at Kightly or necessarily dislike him. Just massively disappointed that for whatever reason he turned out to be very poor acquisition. He wasn't great in the first season back, and last season was just awful for him. Retirement is probably best for all concerned, he clearly hasn't got the legs and/or desire to carry on playing football.

Has he ever played a full 90 mins for us in the last 2 seasons?
He was good in the first game against blackburn then went down hill from there lol! Always thought he showed glimpses of his talent but was very inconsistent and lost his pace

Listening to that podcast it sounds as if he just fell out of love with football, physically and mentally draining. Real Shame

Back