• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suffolk Blue

Manager
Well that's obviously how he sees himself!!!

Strutting around the middle of the park last night occasionally deciding to get involved in the game and then either pulling out at the last minute (how many challenges did he bottle) or else getting the ball and making a complete hash of whatever he had in mind.

I an normally the most supportive fan I know in that I can't recall the last time I berated a player on the pitch but last night I'm afraid I lost it as I saw Hunt trotting after a guy that had just gone past him and was now bearing down on goal...

I hope Tilly saw the same match as me last night because I don't want to see that bloke in a Shrimpers shirt again.

by the way: Juppy and Che might have made a few mistakes last night but they were trying their hardest and if any player does that they get a lot of support and forgiveness from me; Hunt you can bugger off back to Derby or whoever else will have you.

Point well made about players who try their hardest. Tilly picks the team and it's up to us to get behind the players making the effort.

I agree Hunt didn't have a good game last night, but I personally didn't think it was quite down to what you suggested. I'll be surprised if he keeps his place in the middle now Maher and Bentley are back. Will he slot into the back to replace Jupp though?

I'd read that before I posted this. Didn't help my view of him!! Seems more concerned with the fact that he gets a weekend off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Nov. 27 2004,10:37)]I hope Tilly saw the same match as me last night because I don't want to see that bloke in a Shrimpers shirt again.
I think that's a bit harsh. He was terrible last night, but he's usually much better an usually puts in more effort.

Hopefully Maher will replace him for our next game and that will give him a kick up the backside...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Nov. 27 2004,12:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ Nov. 27 2004,10:37)]I hope Tilly saw the same match as me last night because I don't want to see that bloke in a Shrimpers shirt again.
I think that's a bit harsh. He was terrible last night, but he's usually much better an usually puts in more effort.

Hopefully Maher will replace him for our next game and that will give him a kick up the backside...
I may be wrong , but I feel we need skill and determination as well as effort and that is why several players need either a kick up the arse, or, replacing.

Nobody can excuse not trying, as has been said Che had a poor game last night (not for the 1st time), but again worked hard. Lewis really did not seem to care that he was having a howler, and thats what gets to me the most. Bring on the bench for Lewis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Nov. 27 2004,16:24)]Nobody can excuse not trying, as has been said Che had a poor game last night (not for the 1st time), but again worked hard. Lewis really did not seem to care that he was having a howler, and thats what gets to me the most.  Bring on the bench for Lewis
Y'know we must have the most fickle supporters in the country, Lewis Hunt is a defender by trade NOT a midfield player. Despite this whilst playing alongside Maher during Bentley's suspension he was superb in the middle, winning MotM awards in successive games and contributing greatly to our climb up the table, so much so that Bentley (despite being in excellent form pre-suspension) had to be content with a place on the bench on his return due to Hunt's emergence. One bad game (I'm not defending his performance he was awful, but lets face it he certainly wasn't the only one last night) and the knives are out, quite frankly I know for a fact Lewis had three contract offers from League 1 clubs in the summer and one in the Championship but wanted to play for us - does that sound like a player who isn't committed? Hunt counts right-back as his best position and I say give him a go there we'll be all the better for it, it annoys me that certain supporters base their opinions on only the last game, its about time people recognised how much players like Lewis Hunt (and a couple more I could mention) have contributed to our good start this season.

I heard from a very reliable source, someone who doesn't work at the club but is good mates with someone who does. Suffice to say the Championship club won't be in the Championship beyond this season if they carry on as they have been (put simply they're the strongest team in that league...they're holding everyone else up!), the only one of the 3 League One teams I know for definite is Walsall.

Do you think he'd be in the starting line up of these clubs? I'm personally a fan of Lewis and feel he adds depth to our squad. So he had 1 bad game? Its not his natural position! You may remember he was playing right wing last season and probably hated every second of it. He's versatile and a good squad member, I for one would be saddend if he left for any reason.

Back