• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would a public apology go far enough?

Why not demand a large cash settlement?

After all Mr Kings statement named no individuals (let alone make specific accusations against them), was speedily withdrawn and was accompanied by an apology.

Libel lawyers up and down the land must be queueing up to represent you.

correct no names have been said and yes he has said sorry but I bet it won't stop there back office and I bet some fans will be done for what may of happened

So the four fans were fighting themselves now?

So not only were Southend fans not fighting each other they had to put up with Leicester fans in the home ends scrapping between themselves

Never said that did I, but I will say southend fans where not fighting eachother and that's a fact

Would a public apology go far enough?

Why not demand a large cash settlement?

After all Mr Kings statement named no individuals (let alone make specific accusations against them), was speedily withdrawn and was accompanied by an apology.

Libel lawyers up and down the land must be queueing up to represent you.

I would be interested in a large cash settlement i must admit.

right seriousness. Firstly, mr. kings statement indicated it was the people in block w of the west stand that were raping, pillaging and causing general grief. So no personal names, but instead a generalisation.
Secondly, speedily? hardly Ifit was down to him he would never say sorry. This has RM all over it. I, and i suspect many others feel the same, feel this is a begrudged apology ad is worthless

So will the SOUTHEND fans admit that they wrong for fighting in an area full of women and children? Or for that matter fighting at all?

Excellent and very valid point, don't seem to have heard any apologies from them as of yet. Though this view is based on absolutely nothing as i was sitting in the east so have no idea of what went on and from reading these threads still have very little idea really.

**** my old boots, you really are boring.

Then why did you

a) take the time to read it?

b) take the time to reply to it?

where you should have chose option c) ignore it and not get involved if you have nothing creative to say?

Or am i boring, because once again i won't conform to the feeling of the majority?

correct no names have been said and yes he has said sorry but I bet it won't stop there back office and I bet some fans will be done for what may of happened

In which case perhaps it is time to reform Special AKA to do a song for them?

They made Nelson Mandela's plight a cause celebre - perhaps they could do the same for the West block aggrieved?

If not I don't think Bob Geldoff is busy.

Last edited:
So there were two choices

- Tell the stewards there are Leicester fans in the block, and they will either eject them or move them into the north bank

- Lay into them.

Then why did you

a) take the time to read it?

b) take the time to reply to it?

where you should have chose option c) ignore it and not get involved if you have nothing creative to say?

Or am i boring, because once again i won't conform to the feeling of the majority?

I'm only reading the thread for Mad Cyril's insights.

- Tell the stewards there are Leicester fans in the block, and they will either eject them or move them into the north bank

- Lay into them.

Well summarised! I'm losing the plot on this one, but perhaps someone in the know can answer toellandback's question, as to whether there were Southend fans fighting and have they apologised?

- Lay into them.

I agree that someone could of told a steward leicester wher in the home end but what if they wasn't wearing colours? And the 4 in our end where not in colours and as good as gold until the 2nd goal went in

Well summarised! I'm losing the plot on this one, but perhaps someone in the know can answer toellandback's question, as to whether there were Southend fans fighting and have they apologised?

Wouldn't say fighting more like srapping and a lot of pushing

I agree that someone could of told a steward leicester wher in the home end but what if they wasn't wearing colours? And the 4 in our end where not in colours and as good as gold until the 2nd goal went in

srapping? God I'm getting old. What does this mean.

srapping? God I'm getting old. What does this mean.

it's a mixture of scrapping and rapping, Ldnfatso invented it

rapper-alfamega-fight.jpg

Mace in your face, london!

So after all of this, what exactly has Geoff King done that has got everybody's backs up?

The main thing appears to be the accusation that Southend fans were fighting each other.

That appears pretty trivial compared with the accusation that Leicester fans were physically attacked because they were in a home area of the ground. If this accusation is true then all of the complaints about GK are pretty spurious aren't they?

I'll repeat what I said on another thread; getting discovered as an away fan sitting in the home end at a match should at worst result in you being ejected from the ground. It shouldn't result in you being attacked. I'm speaking selfishly here as I have on ocassion sat in the home end when unable to get a ticket elsewhere, and haven't necessarily hidden the fact that I'm a Shrimper very well. If I had received a beating because of it then I'm sure there would have been outrage on this board.

My view is that yes there were some leicster fans in our end and it seems that they ended up fighting with some southend fans ,we can't deny that so now if i was one of the Southend fans i would want this situation dropped as soon as possible as the further it goes the more the police will have to look into this the deeper trouble could come of it .

The guys in question could end up getting banged up for all we know and i for one would not want to see this happen . yes some may have been offended by what happened and yes the club have gone about it in the wrong way , but the bottom line is that there were some fans fighting at football , it happens , it will continue to happen and the more publicity the worse it will be for them , they are some of our own don't forget .

Shrimperzone has made the club apologise , that in its self is no mean task , but its time chaps to let this one go and hopefully the club will too .

Looked like quite a few punches being thrown from where I was!

Can't believe this is still going on tbh.

Right I am calling for some order here personaly I think there is arguemtents on both sides and this is dragging on too far and people have mixed views as it is.

I call for Mr King to as I have said to come on the pitch and apologise and I will accept it fully I want to hear this from the man himself.

In truth I hate to have a war with the club I want to get back to working together for the thing we all love even if your center, right wing, left wing, club shop, a player, staff or a fan and thats Southend United

TrueBlue said:
Right I am calling for some order here personaly I think there is arguemtents on both sides and this is dragging on too far and people have mixed views as it is.

I call for Mr King to as I have said to come on the pitch and apologise and I will accept it fully I want to hear this from the man himself.
That has to be one of the most pompous statements I have ever read on this board.

One Question has Vic Oops sorry David Jobson been Sack yet ?? as we have 4 S/T holders non renewing this year cos their treatment over the season ....

Back